Game machanic changed in Wintermute

Maikleeps

3 minutes ago, JAFO said:

I know of him, but haven't really watched him..  I suspect I can predict his reaction, though, based on what you've told me.

I think they had it right with some of the challenges, like HR or WO. You had a time limit to get those done which made them all the more fun and interesting to play. It took me like five times to do HR with all the blizzards I kept getting. It would frustrate the hell out of me but I knew that was only my fault. If I'd get to Mountaineer's with only 2 or 3 days left, I'd throw in the towel. Immediately start again, even more determined than before.

7 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Yep.. because they're scripted events, and they're too constrained in their locales.. they're not permitted to follow their normal wolf behaviours and paths.

Yep, if you can get past them without being noticed, you're in the clear.

I wonder why they didn't at least put soft targets on some of these events? Even if you had 30 days to collect firewood, or a week to get meds... 

Or alternatively, acknowledge that players are going to be rewarded for proceeding at their own pace and avoiding narrative elements that suggest time pressures. 

She says she wont sirvive the winter with out more wood and food.. not that shes completely out of wood and food and will die in  days if you dont help. 

The time on the fire is random. Its an ever lasting fire like jeramihas fire, so the time does not apply. But i guess the UI hasnt got its own display for a fire that never dies. The old lady chuks on a log when your not looking ;)

Archived