Interior environments are great!

Renegade30

Lets just take a minute to appreciate the interior environment improvements hinterland has made... Unfortunately I don't have a 'before' screenshot, but this is one of the mystery lake cabins:

screen_04662e6c-7dba-47fc-8487-fc4621306b98.thumb.png.bf616380f8529c985f4d405ab766cce7.png

Gotta say, the environments in general are feeling much more alive, realistic and immersive. Props to hinterland on this attention to detail! :D

Wow, I haven't had much chance to actually play since the release. (I am reading the forums when I should be working :) ) 

As someone who aspires to be an environmental artist it is really impressive. This actually looks like someone lived/worked here.

7 hours ago, Monsarona said:

Wow, I haven't had much chance to actually play since the release. (I am reading the forums when I should be working :) ) 

As someone who aspires to be an environmental artist it is really impressive. This actually looks like someone lived/worked here.

The same can definitely be said of the Dam. Like, before there was no bathroom. No desks or info stations. Now it looks like a place that people work at, or at least worked at. 

I started a sandbox in ML just to see if the changes were noticeable. Got to say that when I finally reached the camp office I was blown away. It looked like people were going to walk in and ask me what I was doing there. Haven't made it to the dam yet, but there's no way to stop me now. Though I am going to save that experience for my main survivor and not some throwaway to satisfy my curiosity.

ML is awesome, just found my way their knowing this map is fun EP2 now I believe? no more dead bodies inside(old sandbox), just some well preserved deer/elk heads. much better I think, wait for the greenies lol. Loving all the extra details, be it a spiders cobweb in the corner or bit of paper here and their. Great stuff Devs keep it going.

mysteryLakeCabin_nice0001.thumb.jpg.9d41b36c40c3f4d729ad325bbe082a48.jpg

10 hours ago, nicko said:

ML is awesome, just found my way their knowing this map is fun EP2 now I believe? no more dead bodies inside(old sandbox), just some well preserved deer/elk heads. much better I think, wait for the greenies lol. Loving all the extra details, be it a spiders cobweb in the corner or bit of paper here and their. Great stuff Devs keep it going.

mysteryLakeCabin_nice0001.thumb.jpg.9d41b36c40c3f4d729ad325bbe082a48.jpg

Hey! Where'd that chest in the center of the shot come from?! Is that a story mode item?

I don't get it.  The region has been abandoned for years.  The region has many people in it.  People decided to move away when the region was deemed unstable.  Buildings are still full of useful moveable stuff like food clothes and computers.  Factions are still warring over the dam.  The dam has been decommissioned for a while.  

Are we in some kinda time-loop?

Archived