Damage models for animals

John Dow

Hey folks,

another missing thing in my view is that animals should have more realistic damage models. Especially if one hits them with a gun. They could get slower or loose blood depending where one hits them, continuing to take damage from the wound and then collapse after a while or regenerate.

I really love this game so far <3

Regards,

John

I don't consider myself a "bad shot" in the game, but every single deer I have lined up in the cross-hairs has lived after the first shot. Every wolf I shoot dies. Granted, I usually sneak up close to both and let the wolf aggro to me so it gets very, very close until... BANG!

I eat a lot of wolf meat.

It would be nice if deer would either go down in one shot no matter where you hit them, so long as you hit them, or eventually bleed out and collapse. Of course, maybe I AM a bad shot and have been missing the deer all along. :)

lol cant say ive had a problem killing the deer, as long as i hit them they seem to go down. but yeah i would like to see an entry wound from where my bullet hit, and if the deer didn't get taken down and ran away he could leave a blood trail just like the player does, then collapse.

I don't necessarily want an entry wound, but having animals live for 10 seconds before they die would be nice. But then you would have to have two hitboxes, one for the head (immediate death) and one for the body, where they flee for some seconds, leave a bloodtrail and then collapse.

Archived