Duration of eating

Trandor

Right now, the duration of eating is depending on what item you eat or what you drink. Regardless of how much of that specific item is remaining. So eating a Military Ratio with 1750 calories takes the same amount of time as eating a 0.01kg MRE with 25 calories remaining.

I think it would be reasonable to suggest, that eating duration and caloric intake should be tied together. That way, it will take longer when you eat a big meal like a MRE or cooked meat, but eating some leftovers would be done much more quickly.

Guest Alan Lawrance

It's a good point. Another thing to consider is doing time lapse for eating. Eating something like a MRE or a pound of venison should probably take at least 5 or 10 minutes game time.

It's a good point. Another thing to consider is doing time lapse for eating. Eating something like a MRE or a pound of venison should probably take at least 5 or 10 minutes game time.

And a candy bar should be gone in 30 sec. I like this idea.

I do think eating should take as much time as the volume (not necessarily the caloric intake) would warrant. Some high calorie foods can be eaten quickly, while other foods get the bulk of their calories from volume.

Agreed!

+1 I like this idea. It would certainly add to the realism. Right now, when calories run low I stop dead in my tracks to eat something. Can be a blizzard or a wolf nearby, so what? if eating an MRE suddenly took 10 minutes, I'd hold on till I was in a shelter before stuffing my face.

Archived