Has Anyone Come up With an August 1st Changelog?

CosmicFlamingo

I don't know if this ist new, but I've found an abandoned snowshelter in forlorn muskeg in the northeast of the map. It was broken and there were boots and some wood in the snow around it. Pretty cool. Someone seen this before? 

screen_92f38202-8b16-46d3-b46e-ff4f9d22f384_hi.png

On 8/8/2017 at 0:23 AM, JAFO said:

Hinterland haven't said anything about changed mechanics and items at all, and people are currently trying to assess things and gather information.

Here's a summary of what little we do know. WARNING: Possible major spoilers ahead!

Reveal hidden contents
  • There are now flashlights in the world. They only work during aurora. They are useful for scaring wolves.
  • Wolves get scarier, more dangerous, and tend to travel in pairs when aurora are present.
  • Other electrical items (besides radios) may become operational when aurora are present. (still being investigated)
  • Aurora do not have a fixed, regular schedule. They are random events, and sometimes you might be waiting a long time to see one.
  • If you see a wolf glowing green in the daytime, there should be an aurora that night.
  • Reishi mushrooms and rosehips now have another preparation step before brewing tea. Basically, you need to chop them up first.
  • Lit flares, torches and stones now correctly scare wolves. (it was a bug that broke this, for the last 3 months or so)
  • The Camp Office, Lake Cabins and Carter Dam interiors (& environs) have been updated. Certain types of loot are more plentiful as a result.
  • There is one new map in Survival mode. It's called Broken Railroad. It's reached via Forlorn Muskeg.
  • Fluffy is no longer in the dam. But apparently, she's only been "moved", suggesting she's still out there somewhere.
  • More as it comes to hand.

Thanks for maintaining this list, @JAFO. I have a few additions to share.

Here's a SPOILERS tag in case it matters to anyone.

- Wolf behavior regarding eating prey has been updated. Wolves will no longer simply abandon the carcass to chase the player. Instead, the wolf will growl as the player gets closer, but if the player backs away the wolf will resume eating.

- Crows now will circle over carcasses of animals that the player or wolves have killed, instead of just pre-generated deer carcasses like before. This is a welcome addition because the player can now look and listen for crows when trying to track down an animal carcass during a hunt. As a bonus, there are lots of new sources of feathers.

On 8/11/2017 at 5:00 AM, ridankrad said:

Thanks for maintaining this list, @JAFO. I have a few additions to share.

Thanks for those! I'll add the first one, but the second item has been around for over 3 months now, since the Faithful Cartographer patch was introduced.

• 1 month later...
On 25.9.2017 at 9:51 AM, JAFO said:

Updated my changelog list to include the ability of bears to now attack inside fishing huts and hunter's blinds.

Ugh.  Today I got attacked by a wolf in CH inside a fishing hut. I ran inside one of the huts escaping a wolf. Then I decided to play with the wolf a little bit. I went in front of the fishing hut and when the wolf charged me I went quickly inside. And then the wolf just jumped on me. "Eat my hatchet you little..."

I like the change. It was too easy and unreal to go in a fishing hut without a door and be safe.

32 minutes ago, Mixxut said:

Ugh.  Today I got attacked by a wolf in CH inside a fishing hut.

Thanks for this.. I was waiting on confirmation that it applied to wolves as well before making a categorical statement about them.. I mean, it seemed logical to expect it would, but I hadn't seen any actual reports of wolf attacks in huts until yours. I've updated the list entry accordingly.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Thanks for this.. I was waiting on confirmation that it applied to wolves as well before making a categorical statement about them.. I mean, it seemed logical to expect it would, but I hadn't seen any actual reports of wolf attacks in huts until yours. I've updated the list entry accordingly.

I'm happy that my little story helped :D

Archived