Trouble Finding Certain Caches/Mission Items (Possible Spoilers)

Geheugen

Both are from Grey Mother.

So she tells me about the, Hendersons, I think? About a cache in their back garden. So that's all fine and all, but nothing really looks like a garden with this much snow everywhere.

The one I'm having more trouble with is McDermott's distress pistol. Is the house that is his randomly designated? If so, does the side mission bug out if it had been one I've already searched? If that's not the case, I have no idea where it could be unless it's behind a cabinet of some kind. I've demolished every non-metal piece of furniture in his alleged home (the single story house with the working fireplace, snowed over basement past the bank), so unless he hid the thing in the basement I'm at a loss of ideas where to find it.

At some point you get a map, and the locations are marked with a !.  All the supply caches get marked when you earn enough trust with Grey Mother. I don't think the pistol cache is available until she tells you about it.  The urn in the farmhouse wasn't searchable until the quest triggered.

The ! over the location for the distress pistol never went away though, even though I got it and cleared the cache.

I haven't found the back garden one either. My map markings are bugged out. I still have the distress pistol one and the chapter 2 mark highlighted despite having fulfilled both those objectives. No marker for the back garden and I can't review /reread the clue. 

On 02/08/2017 at 11:59 PM, Ape88 said:

If folks are offering help could I get a spoiler as to what I'm supposd to do with the pearls. I've looked everywhere the Grey Mother told me.

There's a graveyard nearby, you need to put them on a headstone there.

Archived