How do you like it so far?

randomsurvivor

and.... I've been playing for over a year.  I've shot bears, gathered firewood, food, berries, etc.  I'm good on the game mechanics so all i want it to be able to leave the extended tutorial section of the game and get to something interesting.  The Story so far doesn't contain much story.  it's basically survival mode where you check in with a NPC made worse by not being able to stack quests.  I mean what have we learned so far? The wild is mostly empty and something strange has happened.  We know that from the disclaimer splash screen.  Let's get on with it already.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was playing through and mostly enjoying it, but now I'm stuck in FM waiting on an aurora, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting..........................still waiting - in fact the only aurora I've seen is the one when you bump your head.  Maybe it was a hallucination? :D

I am very happy with wintermute so far. I bought TLD about 1&1/2 years ago, but I was such a sissy I only ever played pilgrim, which got boring and i stopped playing. Then I picked the game up again a few months ago, and lo and behold there's story mode now! So I played that, played all S 1&2, then went straight to voyager mode afterwards.

Point is, I think wintermute (at least for me) is a very good introduction to the game for us who are scared of games, but still buy them impulsively. I like wintermute because it was so easy, that idiots like myself could do it... without having a heart attack every time a wolf looking tree stump showed up in the distance. 

And I've realized they updated wintermute so it has levels, so all the people who know what they're doing can play it without being horribly board. Which is good, because if I was gonna play it again, I'd probably be board too, as distant tree stumps are no longer frighting to me.   

Archived