How do you like it so far?

randomsurvivor

Hello! Im new to forums, but I have fair amount of gameplay(120 hours) before this major story release and coming out " to the open" . My initial thoughts on story mode is that wow I'm impressed.. I just had to restart story mode because i wasnt satisfied how i was doing, it deceives those who are familiar with beta to think your just gonna rush through all of it... wrong!! Found myself in pretty sh***y situation that i just couldn find a way out..So It must be hard game for those who just bought it now and so on.. :D

Also, its really nice that finally theres some story(duh, its story mode after all) after all these countless hours of wandering and surviving.. i dont have high hopes for it being a story of the century but it should be good enough :)

Almost forgot, new intro music is freaking sweet !

So how do you feel about it?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, lupineways said:

So far, I am pretty impressed. I am happy that it isn't just a cake walk story, the survival aspects are very much still there. I didn't restart, but I did get in a tough situation due to not starting with a sleeping bag and venturing too far too late.

What do you  mean about "starting with a sleeping bag"? 

Just now, randomsurvivor said:

What do you  mean about "starting with a sleeping bag"? 

I said "not starting with a sleeping bag". I didn't have access to a shelter with a bed and couldn't sleep outdoors and it was very dark out.  A sleeping bag or bedroll has been a default item in all in Survival experience modes except Interloper, and I sorta assumed I would start with one, lol.

1 minute ago, lupineways said:

I said "not starting with a sleeping bag". I didn't have access to a shelter with a bed and couldn't sleep outdoors and it was very dark out.  A sleeping bag or bedroll has been a default item in all in Survival experience modes except Interloper, and I sorta assumed I would start with one, lol.

Sorry, my mistake :) Yeah, after the cave section  i was lost because i was low on health , no bedroll to sleep, wolves everywhere, could have slept in car(perhaps) if i knew i found sewing kit somewhere on the way...

it´s here, Folks. And it´s great. Played like 2 hrs straight now...amazing! Do you know the feeling when the book is so good you count the pages till it´s end and you´re sad to see it getting thinner? I´m exploring every bit of the 1st episode now. I´m stunned. Thought it was a bit linear at first, but oh man, got killed by wolves on my way to milton. I´m an Interloper only player, so this means something! ;P Gotta play moaaarr now. Thanks Hinterland! You guys rock. Seeing the story between Astrid and Will evolve and finally getting to know the characters I´ve been with for almost 4 years now is just great. Good Job so far (didn´t reach Milton yet)!   *smiles in Canadian*

9 minutes ago, June said:

it´s here, Folks. And it´s great. Played like 2 hrs straight now...amazing! Do you know the feeling when the book is so good you count the pages till it´s end and you´re sad to see it getting thinner? I´m exploring every bit of the 1st episode now. I´m stunned. Thought it was a bit linear at first, but oh man, got killed by wolves on my way to milton. I´m an Interloper only player, so this means something! ;P Gotta play moaaarr now. Thanks Hinterland! You guys rock. Seeing the story between Astrid and Will evolve and finally getting to know the characters I´ve been with for almost 4 years now is just great. Good Job so far (didn´t reach Milton yet)!   *smiles in Canadian*

Yeah... on my way to Milton too, im so happy when if/when I  finally see the damned "city" :D,, its getting really dark and my hopes are getting low for this checkpoint run   oh well, next try :D:D 

6 minutes ago, June said:

Beer? Just reached Grey Mother´s Home. talking to someone in TLD is...weird :D

It is, but id say positive weird :) tho, just replied to that no audio topic, that my immersion was gone when at point where you choose questions my audio was completely gone and it feels broken.. :( or is it intentional i dont know.

Seems like the struggle button is deadened in story mode. While trying to remove the metal shard I all but smashed my mouse to pieces to get the bar to move at all and during a wolf attack it seems pretty much non responsive. Has anybody else experienced this?

20170801170043_1.jpg

Can´t say much for consoles, because playing on PC. Everything´s fine here. As for the Audio: that´s intended. Can´t expect everything to be voiced, come on. Hinterland is still a small studio. I´m very very pleased by what I saw so far <3

I'm playing on PC with a PS4 controller. It was fine last night. Now it sucks.

I'm going to bed at 8PM because I am so depressed that they messed with the controls, without giving me an option to revert it back to how it was last night.

I don't even want to play anymore....

13 minutes ago, Pasquinel said:

Seems like the struggle button is deadened in story mode. While trying to remove the metal shard I all but smashed my mouse to pieces to get the bar to move at all and during a wolf attack it seems pretty much non responsive. Has anybody else experienced this?

20170801170043_1.jpg

I wasn't able to even get this far, won't show any white for me

Just now, Jolan said:

I wasn't able to even get this far, won't show any white for me

I had to mash the shit out of it using two hands just to get it this far. Finally I just kept mashing until my keyboard flew off the desk and eventually it went all the way to the end.

32 minutes ago, Pasquinel said:

I had to mash the shit out of it using two hands just to get it this far. Finally I just kept mashing until my keyboard flew off the desk and eventually it went all the way to the end.

That's a shame, since I have arthritis this means basically I'm not going to be able to play the game.  I'd been really looking forward to it too.   As an update - If you switch to the setting for CST and such it become more doable.  I still had to have someone do it for me to get past that point.  Which means I'll probably die in any wolf encounter

You guys are giving up fast. I can see the problem here, but why so angry and whiney? If the gamepad doesn´t work, try the keyboard and vise versa? Disable Steam updates. Fiddle with options. Etc. There´ll sure be a solution soon, no need to blame anyone? Good night for now, I can see your frustration, but I´m sure it´ll be fine by tomorrow. o7

Archived