Ratings and Launch Dates

Admin

1 hour ago, MatthewKW3 said:

For XB1 users....I just uninstalled and then reinstalled and got the update. Game went from 4 GB to 7GB. Hopefully this helps

We have to uninstall and then download and install 7 Gigs?! Seriously? There are people out there with slow connections, or limits on how many Gigs they can use? I mean sheesh, if I was still in college a 7 Gig download would take hours! I don't even want to think about how long it will take my Xbox to download and install 7 Gigs and I have fast internet. The whole point of the way Xbox is supposed to work (downloading updates in the background while games are running or while the system is off) is to allow the user to come home and find that their system has updated a game and start playing immediately, not spend all evening figuring out how to even get the game to work.

I wanted to grab some groceries and while the system and game loads, quickly put away groceries and start playing immediately. Now it sounds like I'll be better off just coming straight home, fussing with the darn uninstall/download and reinstall process and while I'm waiting, waste more gas driving to the store. This situation here makes me think of how broken the video game development industry is, and it takes major problems to bring that to mind. Wish I'd known this was the case before I left for work at 8:30 am PST. But no, the Xbox update wasn't even available then. I suppose it's a first world problem but still... Video games are supposed to be an escape/distraction from real life, not an addition to frustration and this counts as the latter right now.

2 minutes ago, Ape88 said:

We have to uninstall and then download and install 7 Gigs?! Seriously? There are people out there with slow connections, or limits on how many Gigs they can use? I mean sheesh, if I was still in college a 7 Gig download would take hours! I don't even want to think about how long it will take my Xbox to download and install 7 Gigs and I have fast internet. The whole point of the way Xbox is supposed to work (downloading updates in the background while games are running or while the system is off) is to allow the user to come home and find that their system has updated a game and start playing immediately, not spend all evening figuring out how to even get the game to work.

I wanted to grab some groceries and while the system and game loads, quickly put away groceries and start playing immediately. Now it sounds like I'll be better off just coming straight home, fussing with the darn uninstall/download and reinstall process and while I'm waiting, waste more gas driving to the store. This situation here makes me think of how broken the video game development industry is, and it takes major problems to bring that to mind. Wish I'd known this was the case before I left for work at 8:30 am PST. But no, the Xbox update wasn't even available then. I suppose it's a first world problem but still... Video games are supposed to be an escape/distraction from real life, not an addition to frustration and this counts as the latter right now.

I didn't have to!

Check your Game Updates folder on your XB1!

3 hours ago, Scyzara said:

Reveal hidden contents

HL changed the way how rosehip and reishi tea are prepared - you need to cut them into pieces now (via the crafting menu) before you can cook them. ^^

thanks for that, I was just going to open a bug thread because of this^^

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ranger1183 said:

I didn't have to!

Check your Game Updates folder on your XB1!

Just got home from work... The update showed up but who knows if it is going to work immediately. I'm not sure why it didn't download the update automatically like my system is set to do for all games (GTA V's most recent update automatically downloaded). I specifically left the system on while I was at work for exactly that purpose but I guess I should be glad my electric bill is subsidized as that was a waste of electricity. I am frustrated by the fact that while the steam version was immediately available (I do occasionally play on my laptop when I'm not at home) that Microsoft Xbox had to go and be late. If it had been on time, I could have already had it installed and possibly tested it to see if it would load.

Thanks for the new update! But now I've to treat always the mushrooms before boil up. :o

On 28.7.2017 at 10:37 PM, admin said:

We’re really disappointed about the PEGI-16 rating

I bet it was Mr. Rabbits fault!  (his cracking neck :|)

Edited by Bear_Next_Door

1 hour ago, Darkwater said:

esrb teen pegi 16 WOW...just WOW

I used to Respect Pegi as a creditable source for an idea of a games content now.....not so much

I can't comment on their specific reasoning, as it was based on something that would be a big spoiler to mention... but let's just say there are PEGI-12 games out there which are considerably worse in the same kind of content that earned TLD a 16..