HINTERLAND SURVIVAL ADVISORY: Mysterious Disturbances Predicted in the Mystery Lake Region

Admin

13 hours ago, thekillergreece said:

Don't forget the Aurora. They implemented it to Sandbox as well which we will try on launch.

I was limiting it to things we've already got by v.426. We don't know for sure yet that Aurora will be in Sandbox at launch.

3 hours ago, dmbjt said:

plus axes

We don't have axes yet.. only the hatchet.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp, I didn't survive the seemingly simple mission to relocate temporarily to the Trapper's Cabin. :( Spent a day out hunting and gathering near the Cabin, and was getting kind of low condition, but nothing alarming. Finish the hunting/gathering for the day and head inside to cook as night falls. Accidentally drank unsafe water and got dysentery. Discovered I haven't brought the purple pills with me, nor any mushrooms. Pitch dark out and a blizzard. About 30% condition and dropping rapidly. I go for it... grab a lantern and head toward the Camp Office to see if I can make it to my pills. Sprain my wrist during the walk. Vision starts getting fuzzy, etc. :\ Dang. I had almost all of Mystery Lake and Coastal Highway mapped. Oh well, the Story mode release will cheer me up!

Wait, I just thought of something obvious, as far as me not making it back to Mystery Lake in time to move my belongings....

Can't I just turn automatic updates off for the game via Steam and just not update the game until after I am finished moving things? Sure I'll miss out on Story Mode and whatever happened to Mystery Lake for a few additional days.....but won't that work?

1 hour ago, Thrasador said:

Wait, I just thought of something obvious, as far as me not making it back to Mystery Lake in time to move my belongings....

Can't I just turn automatic updates off for the game via Steam and just not update the game until after I am finished moving things? Sure I'll miss out on Story Mode and whatever happened to Mystery Lake for a few additional days.....but won't that work?

I imagine yeah this could work, you could push updating off for that little bit. Hopefully nothing happens. Good luck!

I, meanwhile, am ready: 
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/853848337546453016/FFA0F4A6E379A7EF24BFEC2DBEF6C9B399F952BB/

Spent three nights moving everything from Camp Office to the trailer in Coastal Highway near the train tracks.  I had 139 days survived (31 of those in Muskeg).  On my last trip out I hit a storm, got completely disoriented and slipped into the long dark in the storm.  Sigh.  I hope the update impresses.  Would be a little frustrating to have died trying to move everything for a flimsy update.  Hoping for the best.

5 minutes ago, Avelyan said:

Spent three nights moving everything from Camp Office to the trailer in Coastal Highway near the train tracks.  I had 139 days survived (31 of those in Muskeg).  On my last trip out I hit a storm, got completely disoriented and slipped into the long dark in the storm.  Sigh.  I hope the update impresses.  Would be a little frustrating to have died trying to move everything for a flimsy update.  Hoping for the best.

That really blows m8. I feel really bad both you and @SquanderBot apparently died trying to relocate your items for this update, I still have to as well, and I am coming all the way from DP. Lots of wolves between me and my objective. Hope I dont meet a similar fate....

On 7/26/2017 at 11:29 AM, admin said:

Due to a series of highly unusual environmental disturbances predicted for the MYSTERY LAKE REGION, all survivors in the area are STRONGLY ADVISED to evacuate themselves and their belongings from the following locations in advance of August 1st:

• Mystery Lake Camp Office interior
  • All Lake Cabin interiors
  • All Hydroelectric Dam interiors AND surrounding exterior areas.

Remaining in any of these areas during these mysterious disturbances may have unpredictable negative results and could result in the loss of supplies, save games, or even lives.

Stay safe out there!

- Hinterland Team

OMGAWD ! OMGAWD!  OMGAWD!  OMGAWD!!!!

bitter sweet, a long and very much worth it wait.

a sadness lays heavy however, I wish my TJ was here for this ❤  

10 hours ago, Thrasador said:

Yes, that should work. I've done it before too for another game.

Archived