What drew you to TLD?

brendan_meyer

I think all the time I spent in northern MN during my childhood; hunting, fishing, building forts, catching frogs, and just general exploring, kindled my love of the wilderness and there has not been a game yet that has even come close to satisfying my love of the wild places of the world. I believe TLD can be that game.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad was a pilot, and at one point in his career very nearly became a bush pilot in northern BC. That part of the main character's back story definitely interested me. That said, the game so far looks beautiful and Hinterland is made up of some immensely talented people!

For me, it was the talent. Their resume is impressive and their choice of voice actors shows that they want to work with the best.

Also, TLD is a survival game, like some of the best games of the last year: Far Cry 3 (which was maybe too streamlined?) and Miasmata:

http://theshillinfield.wordpress.com/20 ... -miasmata/

The TLD prototype, in which you have to worry about every calorie you burn, is fascinating. But will it work like that in the final game?

A multitude of things:

1. It sounded like a really great idea. Survival without supernatural elements? Count me in.

2. Supporting local game devs

3. Don't ask me why, but I backed upon hearing that Elias Toufexis would provide the lead voice. I dug the heck out of him in DE:HR and I imagined that his voice work would lend well to the immersion factor.

4. After backing, I saw the first clip of gameplay footage, and it had a gorgeous art style.

Plus, several of my Twitter contacts were posting non-stop about it, so I figured I'd give it a go.

The game looks beautiful and it's about survival. I love survival games. :)

Though sometimes I wish I'd be able to start at a random location on the map (or even have a randomly generated one) every time I start a new game to add longevity to the game.

Caught a mention of the game on Twitter at first when they announced the music would be done by Cris Valesco and Sascha Dikiciyan— good video game music is one of my weaknesses. That led me to the KS, where I spent a good hour or so reading every synopsis and description on TLD and was hooked by the story. Good story + good music = happy me.

I admit: I initially thought, "Yes, but then what? Where's the excitement, the action?" As the team revealed more, and I got to talk to Raphael later about the eventual gameplay , it was difficult *not* to get excited about everything TLD had to offer. It's definitely something different and that, by itself, is worth backing.

My fiancé and I were drawn by a number of things to TLD: Primarily that it is a 'real' survival game as opposed to all the 'horror' survival games out there. Additionally the setting : We both grew up in very rural areas of BC so the setting of the game is familiar, and that the art is fantastic, the audio so far has been haunting and the developers have been involved in some of our favourite games (and Canadian developers need mad props!!) So many wonderful things seemed to be drawn together with Hinterland Studios on the project that we could not help but support this game!!

The team developing the game, the visual style, but most of all, a survival game that actually is going to be about survival. For too long have we been stuck with games that claim survival, but that are basically no different from your everyday shooter. Yeah, you have to survive in those games, but it's hard to finish a game dead. Really looking forward to see how this concept gets developed.

I have to admit, that the Team that promoted this, was up there for me, and knowing what sort of game this could be i got very excited.

I loved the "Choose your own Adventure" books when i was younger, and i saw this game as a high tech version of one of them, but instead of turning left instead of right at the cross roads i get to live or die.

This to me, is a completely new type of game play, and with the Dev Team that is running this, this will be talked about in the future and i can say i helped get that started.

My brain is fried from thinking what could be achieved within this world, and then actually finding another TLD survivor/s . . . .

Artwork and the Audio was just right as well.

The Ultimate Choose Your Own Adventure !!!!!

I've always been hesitant to jump right into a Kickstarter/Indigogo. (Yeah, I'm that guy that waits until the last minute to join. Not always, but I do want to do a bit of digging on a project and see what it's all about before committing.)

For me it was the voice team first. THEN I saw the team working on it, the art, sound, and focus on gameplay and story, and I knew I wanted to be a part of it. The potential scope of this game is huge, and I think we as backers have the best team we could ask for working on it.

I hope support for this game, and Hinterland Studios, continues to grow so we can see the best version of this game that we could want to see.

Archived