Don't trust the three ??? for weather...

Thrasador

That I think is my biggest piece of advice.

I was watching a video of someone playing, and I forget who, but they were totally going by the three question marks when deciding if storms were over...so they could go outside.

Please don't do that...

Just go look outside...

The three question marks of daylight left might be there because of a full on storm...but the game has a range of other weather that can block you from seeing the sun, not just blizzards.

It could just be overcast, or snowing lightly, or slightly foggy or something...so just go check.

Sometimes checking a few times, even seems to change the weather. It may be because it gives the "weather crows" a chance to fly over your head, which means the weather will change. So the very act of physically going to check the weather, might change the weather....

Just my thoughts...

I haven't been playing long myself, and I mostly play on Voyager but so far I haven't had a blizzard last more than 12 hours...not yet at least...

I agree that your eyes are the best measure, but the ??? does indicate weather that is likely difficult to navigate. If one doesn't know the maps, thick fog is as bad as anything else.

But yes check a couple of times because like quantum particles, the weather does seem to change when observed. ;) 

1 hour ago, Carbon said:

I agree that your eyes are the best measure, but the ??? does indicate weather that is likely difficult to navigate. If one doesn't know the maps, thick fog is as bad as anything else.

But yes check a couple of times because like quantum particles, the weather does seem to change when observed. ;) 

I won't go out in thick fog, even if I know the area. Thick fog is just too difficult to navigate.

I mean the fog, where you can only see a 10 foot bubble around you. So far Forlorn Muskeg is the map where I have experienced this type of fog most frequently. Never mind simply getting lost, FM has A LOT of wolves and they can smell you even if you can't see them, don't do it....

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Minor point to note, but since FC was released, there are no ??? in the game any more. ;)

I guess that shows how much concern it was to me then. I didn't even notice it wasn't there anymore! :)

Archived