Riot aftermatch [Not exactly alpha]

Pawel E Cieslak

As we know (from simulations, books etc.) in case of worldwide EMP/geomagnetic storm people would start to panic and riots would be likely to start. In a larger city police/army would be sent to neutralize them, which would lead to casualties. It would be interesting if we found a city with a street or a square filled with bodies of both rioters and enforcers. Imagine walking between buildings to find even up to 40-50 bodies, police vans - a battlefield. Police could be mostly looted of their superior equipment: bulletproof vests, helmets, weapons; however you could still find one or two untouched bodies of policemen. Mostly it would be bodies of rioters with improvised weapons, home-modified clothing, etc. Game isn't concentrated on guns, which is not a problem because many rioters use weapons like molotovs (maybe you could get kerosine out of unused ones), throw brick (no much use for player), wooden planks, etc. One could also find some bandages and medicaments left by the paramedics. This idea is more for a story mode, however it could explain low number of bodies found in the woods - how many people would leave the city to wander the wild in this cold anyway?

As for my story speculation - I have a feeling the devs might try to teach the player a lesson about horrors and struggle of post-apocalyptic people. Kind of like the Fallout series did/tried to.

Well, if there are people who are asking about game modding policy, maybe one day we will see modders releasing whole maps? I'm sure that as soon as the devs give a green light to mod the game, we are going to see mods like simple scripts, new items; and as the time will pass even bigger and more complex mods. While I understand and agree that it could be risky for official game release, a modder would have nothing to lose. It would be interesting to see what creative and talented graphics/programmers could make.

Archived