Ability to get partially shielded from blizzards

Thrasador

This isn't a huge deal or a big problem, it's just an idea...

So when you are in a full on blizzard in this game, the wind is so strong that the snow is usually zipping by at quite an angle, like 45° or more usually. 

Some structures also have overhangs from the roof, or partially covered porches, and walkways and things around the ouside of some buildings.

I was crouched behind a building like this under a overhand tearing up clothes I didn't need and what not during the blizzard, because I try to avoid cabin fever. You seem to get just as wet, just as fast doing this as you would just standing out in the open.

It would be nice if you could block some or a majority of the wetness of a blizzard, the way you block wind chill depending on how well you can position yourself behind and under partial coverings. It at least shouldn't be a bad as just standing out in the open in the middle of a blizzard.

Just food for thought....

The image is me crouched behind the house looking up at the partial overhang as snow was wizzing by overhead.

screen_(-752, 30, 658)_1f09b1f2-54b5-47a9-b04f-4952857bf2ae.png

@Thrasador: I do the same as you, but I have noticed a definite difference in how long and how wet my character gets. Much slower when sheltered. Maybe double check how long it takes to get wet n and out of the direct line of the storm. I'll do the same. :)

Started my game and of course....a blizzard! I checked and yes, clothes definitely get wet much faster standing in the storm. I was at the Camp Office, stood in the storm, checked the rate of wetness (on the clothing screen, click on your pants or coat and you can watch them getting wetter) then got behind the building out of the wind (nothing overhead at all) and wetness slowed right down.

54 minutes ago, Carbon said:

@Thrasador: I do the same as you, but I have noticed a definite difference in how long and how wet my character gets. Much slower when sheltered. Maybe double check how long it takes to get wet n and out of the direct line of the storm. I'll do the same. :)

Started my game and of course....a blizzard! I checked and yes, clothes definitely get wet much faster standing in the storm. I was at the Camp Office, stood in the storm, checked the rate of wetness (on the clothing screen, click on your pants or coat and you can watch them getting wetter) then got behind the building out of the wind (nothing overhead at all) and wetness slowed right down.

You know what, you might be right...

The first time I did it I was already wet and I may have misjudged the rate. After I had already posted this I went out dry in a new blizzard, and hid behind the house under the overhang and tore up something that took an hour and a half and I barely got wet at all...

So yeah if you are in a blizzard taking some form of shelter is a big improvement than just standing in the middle of it.

I stand corrected. Good job Hinterland!

....and @Carbon

Archived