Wolves are freaking me out

JoE Smash

I want to go to Coastal Highway, but I am scared of how many wolves I hear there are...especially in the towns and near buildings.

On Steam a lot of people are also complaining about wolves spawing right in front of them, immediately after killing or fighting another wolf. I don't want to have to deal with this nonsense.

I wish they would make it so wolves only respawn a certain distance away from players and/or don't immediately become aggressive upon materializing, to give you a minute to retreat.

The smell mechanic also really makes me nervous. I want to harvest meat from animals to live on, but three dead bunnies in your inventory fills the scent meter. Three bunnies isn't even enough food for the day unless you are using the hibernating method which seems to infuriate some players.

I don't know, this game makes me panic too much. I might just have to stop playing it even though I enjoy it so much at the same time.

I guess I could play on Pilgrim, but that makes me feel like a baby, or I'm cheating. If I play on Pilgrim I may as well just not play anyway.

I prefer playing on Voyager, but there seem to be A LOT of wolves. Even in Mystery Lake. I went to Forlorn Muskeg for a few days and almost died due to wolf attacks. 

I left a cave in the southeast corner with the intent of hughing the east wall and heading north to the train tracks and the exit. I was immediately jumped by a wolf over a hill that I couldn't see. I stab him, he runs off, so I continue on and I am jumped by ANOTHER wolf. I fight him and now decide to head back to the cave to sleep and heal.

I wake up the next day to intense fog and can't see at all. So I try to collect wood for a fire to boil more water. I stumble across one of the dead wolves. I start a fire harvest the wolf, cook the meat and run to the cave. I leave the guts and hide in the cave and eat enough meat to get rid of any smell indicator. I sleep again because now it's late.

The next day it's less foggy so I head out to get out of Forlorn Muskeg. Halfway to the tracks I'm up high hughing the east wall and I see a wolf down below and a ways off on the ice. I try to squeeze by him. Of course that doesn't work. I struggle and win. Now I decide to light a fire and carry a brand and run to the tracks. I do so and before I get there I see another wolf. I keep him at bay with the fire and run the heck out.

So there are at least two dead wolves in Forlorn Muskeg that I am not going to bother to look for and harvest even though I feel I deserve the meat, guts, and hide because I fought him and won....and the hide and guts in the cave from the wolf I did find and harvest.

I get that this is The Long Dark and survival is supposed to be hard, but I am on Voyager man....not Stalker or Interloper. Can we turn down the wolves a little? I mean I feel there should be the same number of wolves and bears as in Pilgrim, but they attack you instead of ignore you. I am seeing waaaay too many wolves on Voyager....they are EVERYWHERE!

I hope that spawning glitch has been posted as opposed to people just complaining about it. I haven't encountered it myself so I can't give it any justice in the bug reporting forum.  It more than likely applies only to certain systems and circumstances which the developers need to know so they can fix it.  If you haven't encountered it yourself, yet, then I would say you are safe from that glitch.  If you do encounter it, make a thorough bug report.

As for wolves in general, I was in your boat. But you have to realize they are a main part of the game.  If you are choosing any mode other than Pilgrim, then you are putting yourself into the thick of it, asking for everything that nature in the Canadian Wasteland can throw at you.

You need to take the time to learn their patterns and behaviours. Find out how they behave when they do detect you. They don't always go into full run at you mode.  If you don't already have a rifle out, then don't bother going for it. The knife is actually your best weapon of defense, along with whatever you are wearing.  After my last attack, which was in Voyageur mode, the most I suffered besides damage to the affected clothing, were just a couple of sprains.  I followed the wolf because the odds are in favor that they are going to die down the way. It is quite beneficial to you, if the wolf was alone, to follow and harvest the corpse.  If there were others, then you best run.

I have been finding it handier to just have an unlit flare out if I am worried about stumbling across wolves or have no choice but to go near them to get somewhere I want/need to be.  The only way a rifle will work for you is if you are absolutely sure you will have complete surprise on the wolf.  You can use the rifle to try to scare the wolf off with a shot, but don't depend on it to kill the wolf if the wolf is already after you.  Even the flare gun will be faster and better to use, but that is hard to find.  I have yet to find it, even in Voyageur mode. Heck, I haven't even seen it in the couple of Pilgrim playthroughs I've done.

The wolves are just fine, actually.  They are there to keep you on your toes and to get you to not take things so casually.  They are also there to provide food and warmth for you. I am working on getting a wolfskin coat, because for one thing it looks badass. You only need watch the Wintermute teaser to confirm that.

I am reminded of the Star Trek episode "Q Who," when Q is telling Picard, "It's not safe out here. It is wondrous, with treasures both subtle and gross. But it is not for the timid."  That describes the wasteland you are thrust into in The Long Dark to a T.

There are so many things to discover in this world. But we must be willing to take it all, dangerous and benign, for anything less diminishes the whole.

If it helps you at all, there is something I received from a developer when I had pointed out finding a hole in the world when I was trying to take a ridgeline to bypass some wolves that were between Camp Office and Carter Dam in Mystery Lake.  They had told me they wished I had saved a dev screenshot when I saw it.  I wish I did...and frankly I still can. I really should. But the point was they didn't chastise me for taking a shortcut through terrain that hadn't been completely textured.  They merely expressed a wish that I had shown them where it was so it could be properly textured.

You don't have to be Davy Crockett in The Long Dark, killing a bear when you are only three.  You can instead be Grizzly Adams, avoiding the wolves altogether and leaving them be.

5 minutes ago, Samsonguy920 said:

Even the flare gun will be faster and better to use, but that is hard to find.  I have yet to find it, even in Voyageur mode. Heck, I haven't even seen it in the couple of Pilgrim playthroughs

I do my best to avoid wolves and try to whenever possible, if you read my post you will see I stated I was trying to hug the edge of the map specifically to avoid them. The problem is they are everywhere and there are too many of them. I am wondering if you have been to Costal Highway yet because they hang out everywhere on the map including in the middle of groups of buildings you would want to loot.

I have a flare gun and 8 shells so far. It seems they added the odd flare to the possible loot table. As far as finding the gun itself, I am fairly certain it only exists in two very specific locations in the game. One is the tail section of the crashed plane at the summit of Timberwolf Mountain. The other is in the bottom of the Ravine map that connects Mystery Lake to Coastal Highway. You'll need a rope to get down there though.

I got the ravine one so far....

After coming across this thread:

It would seem the hatchet is the most ideal in dealing with a wolf attack. That's some rather extensive info @Timber Wolfput together. You might find something handy in there for your gameplay.

I still stand by my point that the world is populated just fine by wolves. I've gone through plenty of areas without seeing a single one.  If you are careful and alert, you can work to avoid them. If they were actually everywhere and too many, then there really would be nowhere to go, don't you think?

I am trying to be helpful to you here. From conversations with other players more veteran to me(and that's easy to find), there was actually a time between updates that the wolf population was drastically reduced.  But then it was apparently restored to the higher levels we encounter now.  This is what we have to deal with. The best way to deal with it is to take the time and learn how to survive through it.  Seeing as the name of the game is survival.

Another way to help yourself deal with wolves better is by going through a Pilgrim playthrough. Each time you startle a wolf or even a bear, you mark that against you.  Do that enough, and you will learn without dying or getting injured a lot their habits and how well you might do against them in a tougher challenge mode.  Bear in mind that the scent mechanic does nothing in Pilgrim, not so far as I have seen anyway, so that will change things a lot in Voyageur and above.  But the best way we learn is by doing.  Challenge yourself, and you might in time see the world isn't as populated by wolves as you once thought.

19 minutes ago, Samsonguy920 said:

After coming across this thread:

It would seem the hatchet is the most ideal in dealing with a wolf attack. That's some rather extensive info @Timber Wolfput together. You might find something handy in there for your gameplay.

I still stand by my point that the world is populated just fine by wolves. I've gone through plenty of areas without seeing a single one.  If you are careful and alert, you can work to avoid them. If they were actually everywhere and too many, then there really would be nowhere to go, don't you think?

I am trying to be helpful to you here. From conversations with other players more veteran to me(and that's easy to find), there was actually a time between updates that the wolf population was drastically reduced.  But then it was apparently restored to the higher levels we encounter now.  This is what we have to deal with. The best way to deal with it is to take the time and learn how to survive through it.  Seeing as the name of the game is survival.

Another way to help yourself deal with wolves better is by going through a Pilgrim playthrough. Each time you startle a wolf or even a bear, you mark that against you.  Do that enough, and you will learn without dying or getting injured a lot their habits and how well you might do against them in a tougher challenge mode.  Bear in mind that the scent mechanic does nothing in Pilgrim, not so far as I have seen anyway, so that will change things a lot in Voyageur and above.  But the best way we learn is by doing.  Challenge yourself, and you might in time see the world isn't as populated by wolves as you once thought.

I'll let you play longer and go to some other maps like Forlorn Muskeg and Costal Highway on Voyager or harder and you can get back to me then....

I refuse to play Pilgrim. If you play this game in Pilgrim it isn't even a survival game...

1 hour ago, JoE Smash said:

I'll let you play longer and go to some other maps like Forlorn Muskeg and Costal Highway on Voyager or harder and you can get back to me then....

I refuse to play Pilgrim. If you play this game in Pilgrim it isn't even a survival game...

You're being a bit rude there Joe, He is trying to offer suggestions. For anyone who has played this game enough wolves are absolutey no problem 90% of the time and represent walking sacks of meat that run towards you once you have a rifle with enough ammunition. If anything they are just a bit annoying because they always route you away from where you want to go.

Wolves are easier to avoid now than they have ever been. All you have to do is once you startle a wolf, walk away from it (don't run) and keep walking, preferably around obstacles to obstruct line of sight. Even better if you can walk over a rock or something and hop down (provided it is not too high), because the wolf will not jump off a ledge and will have to take a longer route around. Once you have got enough distance and the wolf can't see you or smell you he will stop following you. Don't be afraid when the wolf starts running fast to catch up to you, once he has closed some distance he will slow down again.

This method above will not work if you are too encumbered, injured, have a scent or have a sickness as the wolf will sense you as being easy prey. Also will not work if there is more than one wolf.

Also generally just try to avoid areas that are infested with wolves, not all areas are. In my interloper run at the moment I absolutely hate Quonset garage in CH because I have had to go there twice now and each time i've had several close calls. But if you hang around Jack rabbit island on CH things are pretty chilled out.

10 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

I guess I could play on Pilgrim, but that makes me feel like a baby, or I'm cheating. If I play on Pilgrim I may as well just not play anyway.

I prefer playing on Voyager, but there seem to be A LOT of wolves.

6 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

Mate, there is nothing to be embarrassed about, starting out on Pilgrim. This is not an easy game to get to grips with. I spent a fair bit of time on Pilgrim myself, in the beginning, largely in order to learn the patterns of wolf movements, and find my way around the map. (I won't embarrass myself by telling you how many Pilgrim games it took before I was able to survive for over a month.) And even now, 14 months and over 400 hours later, I'm only starting to dip my toes into the world of Stalker mode.. (and finding it tough going at times)

And if I find I need to polish my skills in some area, I still go back to Pilgrim mode to do so..

Edit: Practice distracting wolves with stones.. it really makes a huge difference!

2 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Mate, there is nothing to be embarrassed about, starting out on Pilgrim. This is not an easy game to get to grips with. I spent a fair bit of time on Pilgrim myself, in the beginning, largely in order to learn the patterns of wolf movements, and find my way around the map. (I won't embarrass myself by telling you how many Pilgrim games it took before I was able to survive for over a month.) And even now, 14 months and over 400 hours later, I'm only starting to dip my toes into the world of Stalker mode.. (and finding it tough going at times)

And if I find I need to polish my skills in some area, I still go back to Pilgrim mode to do so..

i personally still love playing pilgrim! each to their own game play fun style. All sound exciting in their own ways!

10 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

I went to Forlorn Muskeg for a few days and almost died due to wolf attacks. 

I left a cave in the southeast corner with the intent of hughing the east wall and heading north to the train tracks and the exit. I was immediately jumped by a wolf over a hill that I couldn't see. I stab him, he runs off, so I continue on and I am jumped by ANOTHER wolf.

Forlorn Muskeg is a bastard of a map, wolf-wise.. even very experienced players find it tough going. And again, once you get the hang of using stones to control the wolves, it gets easier.

JoE, it really is about patience and learning mate. Map knowledge is absolutely paramount. If you don't know the maps, then yes, it seems like the wolves are everywhere but in reality, they occupy very specific areas of the maps and can easily be avoided.

Wolves have patterns that might not be discernible to you just yet, but they will become apparent over time. Frankly, you're just going to have to fire up games with a different intention; instead of surviving, just start maps in Voyageur and watch the wolves. They have areas of patrol, relatively hard paths that they follow, rarely deviating and have times of day where they are most likely. These are all quite memorable. I don't want to admit just how many in-game hours I have spent watching wolves just walk around but it was worth it.

I have never had the  'spawn-in' thing happen, but even if it did, they would spawn into very commonly known areas; ones that I simply avoid anyway (they don't just beam in anywhere).

Don't forget that when crouched, you are all but invisible and as long as you have no scent, you can get incredibly close to wolves without them noticing you. Stick to the high ground; risking a sprain is better than cresting a hill and finding a wolf and never go into an area you can't check out from a distance first. Stay off the beaten paths. I believe the wolves were placed to force the player into being creative this way and following furrows or low passes will always get you in trouble.

Fine, don't play Pilgrim...I'm with you there. My very first game ever I started in Pilgrim and after having all the animals run away from me, I quickly turned to Voyageur. Even that didn't last long, so I get what you're saying. But you simply need to invest more time into learning the maps and Pilgrim is a good mode to walk around in if you are getting frustrated.

4 hours ago, Carbon said:

JoE, it really is about patience and learning mate. Map knowledge is absolutely paramount. If you don't know the maps, then yes, it seems like the wolves are everywhere but in reality, they occupy very specific areas of the maps and can easily be avoided.

Wolves have patterns that might not be discernible to you just yet, but they will become apparent over time. Frankly, you're just going to have to fire up games with a different intention; instead of surviving, just start maps in Voyageur and watch the wolves. They have areas of patrol, relatively hard paths that they follow, rarely deviating and have times of day where they are most likely. These are all quite memorable. I don't want to admit just how many in-game hours I have spent watching wolves just walk around but it was worth it.

I have never had the  'spawn-in' thing happen, but even if it did, they would spawn into very commonly known areas; ones that I simply avoid anyway (they don't just beam in anywhere).

Don't forget that when crouched, you are all but invisible and as long as you have no scent, you can get incredibly close to wolves without them noticing you. Stick to the high ground; risking a sprain is better than cresting a hill and finding a wolf and never go into an area you can't check out from a distance first. Stay off the beaten paths. I believe the wolves were placed to force the player into being creative this way and following furrows or low passes will always get you in trouble.

Fine, don't play Pilgrim...I'm with you there. My very first game ever I started in Pilgrim and after having all the animals run away from me, I quickly turned to Voyageur. Even that didn't last long, so I get what you're saying. But you simply need to invest more time into learning the maps and Pilgrim is a good mode to walk around in if you are getting frustrated.

I played Pilgrim once for like 2 days and decided it was silly if the only threat was being to cold or getting stuck in a blizzard.

My biggest noob mistake so far was trying to harvest a deer without a fire and then rapidly losing condition and freezing while harvesting it.

I watched a lot of videos of Geltaz and GrayStillPlays doing Interloper runs. That gave me a lot of confidence and learned the finer points of the game.

My current run is Voyager, and I am heading on 60 days. I consider this my first real run. I quit the Pilgrim run 2 days in and died on Intetloper after 4 days due to starvation, lol. On this Voyager run I have looted every building in Mystery Lake including hunter blinds and the prepper bunker (tools), and all the major sites in Forlorn Muskeg, including all hunter blinds. I have 2 rifles and about 20 rounds(leaving one in the Dam at Mystery Lake) and 3 bows (one I made, 2 I found...leaving the two damaged ones behind). I forged 16 arrow heads and found 4 arrows, so now I have 20 working arrows. I crafted the clothes except for wolf and bear stuff, but I am currently making a wolf coat.

I would say I know pretty much all the locations in Mystery Lake where there may be wolves, and I noticed the wolf pack on the tracks moved to the lake near the fishing hut....I am not sure where the pack moves after that.

There were literally wolves EVERYWHERE in Forlorn Muskeg. I got confronted by multiple wolves at least six times. I was forced to quickly make a fire twice to drive some off and despite that still had several wolf struggles.

I was just commenting on the fact that there are a lot of wolves and they make me nervous.

I just started moving my gear to CH from the ravine. I started dumping at the logging trailer on the far end of the tracks in CH. I saw another similar trailer due south of me over a little wodden bridge. I decided to take my second load there. I managed to get stuck on the terrain in a little crevace behind a tree. It was too steep to climb out and the tree was blocking the path of least resistance. Somehow I came in higher up on the snow bank, and after going down I couldn't get back up. I was trying to take screen shots to report the location and about to quit the game and start the whole trek over, but then I realized each time I crouched and stood up I backed up a step, even though the terrain was too steep to just walk up it. So I crouch stepped my way up out of there...

So I get to the wodden bridge and I hear a howl, I say in my head "great there is a wolf around as usual." I take a few more steps and bark bark out from under the bridge comes Mr. Wolf. I drop him .09kilos of mouldy venison I saved for him and he trotts off happy to have food poisioning. I sleep in the trailer, and now I am going back to the dam for the third and hopefully final time....so I can finally start looting Coastal Highway. Like I said though I am feeling a lot of trepidation because I know from watching videos, and studying maps of the area that there are wolves ALL OVER CH including outside most of the good buildings like the gas station....

JoE: First, I wasn't trying to be condescending at all. I trust you know that. :) I'm also not calling you a novice player but I thank that after playing longer you will look back at this post and chuckle.

Yes, there are wolves all over each map, but they are in predictable positions which are always the same. Where you came out from under the bridge in CH always has a wolf patrolling there; you should have crossed the bridge and taken the road down a bit farther before going out onto the ice. There is also a wolf that patrols the fishing camp huts around the pier area, so you either have to thread down along the furrow on the opposite side of the fishing camp (the wolf out by the fishing hut is not in range) or scoot past the camp and thread through down closer to the Tooth. Quonset is infested with wolves..this is its claim to fame and is a testament to the risk/reward idea of being there.

My point is that wolves are in certain areas which are static, not random and that these areas can be learned. The pack on the ice at ML doesn't 'go' anywhere; they are either there or nowhere. They have a very predictable pattern of not only appearance but where they patrol. There are wolves all over FM, but the map is made such that you can see them from afar. Again, they are in 'knowable' places and can be avoided.

Anyhow, I empathize but it all comes down to map knowledge. Think of the wolves as portable structures; just as we know where certain buildings are, so too do we know where wolves are. They are simply part of the landscape.

18 minutes ago, Carbon said:

JoE: First, I wasn't trying to be condescending at all. I trust you know that. :) I'm also not calling you a novice player but I thank that after playing longer you will look back at this post and chuckle.

Yes, there are wolves all over each map, but they are in predictable positions which are always the same. Where you came out from under the bridge in CH always has a wolf patrolling there; you should have crossed the bridge and taken the road down a bit farther before going out onto the ice. There is also a wolf that patrols the fishing camp huts around the pier area, so you either have to thread down along the furrow on the opposite side of the fishing camp (the wolf out by the fishing hut is not in range) or scoot past the camp and thread through down closer to the Tooth. Quonset is infested with wolves..this is its claim to fame and is a testament to the risk/reward idea of being there.

My point is that wolves are in certain areas which are static, not random and that these areas can be learned. The pack on the ice at ML doesn't 'go' anywhere; they are either there or nowhere. They have a very predictable pattern of not only appearance but where they patrol. There are wolves all over FM, but the map is made such that you can see them from afar. Again, they are in 'knowable' places and can be avoided.

Anyhow, I empathize but it all comes down to map knowledge. Think of the wolves as portable structures; just as we know where certain buildings are, so too do we know where wolves are. They are simply part of the landscape.

No, I don't think you are condescending. I have been following most of the threads for a week now. You post a lot like me, you argue with some people a lot, but you are mostly rational....unlike some people.

I was pretty sure the wolf packs move to different locations. Like in Mystery Lake the 4 wolf wolfpack was near the old train loading location for a week. Then there was a 4 wolf wolfpack near the ice shack closest to the camp office. While it was there, there was no longer a 4 wolf wolfpack near the old train loading location. Like it moved. This week there was no 4 wolf wolfpack on the ice, or at the train loading area, so I figured there was another area or two where they move after that.

Anyhoo, I haven't studied CH first hand yet, but I am about to. I am still nervous about the wolves, but I'll deal like I always do and systematically loot the map...

Joe,

You seem to be bad at the game and trying to blame the game for it in this respect. If you are jumped by a wolf 90% of the time YOU are the one to blame, the other 10% you got unlucky and the wolf saw you before you saw it. There are more than enough ways to deal with the wolves and as long as you are far enough away they don't seem to attack if you keep moving. Playing on voyager you should be swimming in flares and torches, keep one in your hand while you are traveling and if you hear the barking light it. Once you figure out how close you can be to the wolf before it will attack, you can start holding off on lighting the torch or flare until you are sure it will attack you. It is not a difficult thing to learn, if you are closer than 10 feet the The wolf will attack 99% of the time. Up to about 15 feet it is 50% it will attack and, after 20 feet or so it drops to like 5% it will attack. Keep your distance and you should be good to go, don't be afraid to Sprint to break line of sight. 

Do not discount the advice you are given because you don't like the idea, there is a reason some of us can survive 200+ days on interloper.

8 minutes ago, dookiejones said:

Joe,

You seem to be bad at the game and trying to blame the game for it in this respect. If you are jumped by a wolf 90% of the time YOU are the one to blame, the other 10% you got unlucky and the wolf saw you before you saw it. There are more than enough ways to deal with the wolves and as long as you are far enough away they don't seem to attack if you keep moving. Playing on voyager you should be swimming in flares and torches, keep one in your hand while you are traveling and if you hear the barking light it. Once you figure out how close you can be to the wolf before it will attack, you can start holding off on lighting the torch or flare until you are sure it will attack you. It is not a difficult thing to learn, if you are closer than 10 feet the The wolf will attack 99% of the time. Up to about 15 feet it is 50% it will attack and, after 20 feet or so it drops to like 5% it will attack. Keep your distance and you should be good to go, don't be afraid to Sprint to break line of sight. 

Do not discount the advice you are given because you don't like the idea, there is a reason some of us can survive 200+ days on interloper.

Did you join the forum just to talk smack?

I like to think I am pretty good at the game. Forlorn Muskeg is often foggy and I was in terrain lower than my surroundings and was unable to see the wolves the times when they jumped me. I made a fire, scared them off and survived an attack from 4 wolves coming out of the fog at me.

The fact that I lived and I am past forlorn muskeg after forging 16 arrowheads pretty much defeats your rude assumptions about my ability to play the game.

Why don't you go back under the rock you crawled out from under and mind your business if your only advice is to talk smack Mr. 4 posts 1 reputation point guy...

@dookiejones Personal comments about another player's approach to the game, or speculation as to their motivation doesn't advance the discussion in any way. Please don't engage in this way.

4 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

If you think that was reactionary you should have read the two sentences I deleted in the first draft...it was rife with anatomy parts and where they could go and what he should go do with them....

@JoE Smash There's no need to respond in this manner either. Simply report a comment for us or the moderators to look at, and move on. Bickering doesn't help the situation. Thank you. 

35 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

I don't understand why so many players are so rude in this forum. I get insulted at least twice a day on average. It's not worth it to even communicate in this forum.

I'm out. Good luck have fun!

Bailing isn't any answer Joe! Your passion for the game is clear, so this is the place for you.

People can be coarse in their writing and don't pay enough attention to all of the discourse markers of politeness that we observe in face-to-face communication but that is not news and par for the internet course. However, to take a sample of random people, I think these forums are far more agreeable than most. Roll with it mate. Everyone knows who's who, so just take things in stride. As with a community in RL, we should avoid some people and embrace others.

To be fair, you are somewhat reactionary so a bit of temperance would help you not only deal with some people here but also avoid a measure of hypocrisy. I recommend a book called "Thinking, fast and slow" by Daniel Kahneman if you have some time. The book is somewhat kitschy, but is based on some solid research and is a good introduction to some ideas we should all consider.

Sorry...the lecturer in me. :(

@JoE Smash I am not trying to be rude, this post has grown quite a bit from what I had intended and I feel I should point that out.

I honestly was attempting to be polite and constructive with my criticism. I did not say you were or were not anything, I said you seem like. Text carries little inflection and I could have used more words but that just isn't me. I am short and to the point, you will never see me do a TL;DR section, it's not personal. The situation you are talking about, the wolves being in defilade, is the 10% I was talking about. All you can really do in that situation is your best with the tools you have, which I pointed out you should be swimming in the right ones on voyager.

I did not join this forum to talk smack, I joined to express my concern about the ease of using matches accidentally and to offer a solution, which I did and you commented on. I could easily lambast you for any number of your posts and I only read for about an hour. It is just not my thing and honestly does nothing for anyone involved.  

I read a bunch of interesting looking threads and noticed you in most of them. From what I saw you seemed to not want to follow advice given by players who are more skilled or experienced in certain areas than you, the pattern of you ignoring that advice is obvious and a detriment to your in game survival. I am not mad at you for it, that would be silly, but it is one of those things that you normally don't see when you are the one doing them. 

Archived