What's your current problem in TLD?

Kazook

11 hours ago, Zoraki Diplomat said:

I had no chance then I quit :D

"no chance" doesn't exist until you're dead. I've made it back from 3% one time, and I've seen more than one playthrough on youtube where someone went all the way down to 1%, and clawed their way back to health. Don't give up.. go down fighting until your last breath to survive.

13 hours ago, Labenius said:

Currently trying to weed down the number of wolves near the garage in CH.  It would be going easier if it weren't for the 3 pack that keeps showing up.  lol

I did arrive there yesterday. Three wolves showed up, one after another. Fought them off. Entered Quonset with 29% life. Slept. Woke up next day and stepped out - wow, all three wolves decided to take their last breath just a few meters from back entrance. Thank you, nice wolves! Now enough bones to gnaw for the next week :)

Just got the game.  Finally made it to day 15.  

Previous best was 5 days - when I was lugging a big haul back in the river leading to ML and got set upon in the dark by Mr. Wolf, whom I took down with my only rifle bullet.  Was out of food, so excitedly (and mistakenly) looted the whole carcass, leaving me hypothermic, exhausted, hungry and thirsty.  Condition plummeted [I've since learned . . . a lot, about how condition works.  I thought I died of pure exhaustion about 100 ft from the Office]

In this run (Voyager), I'm waiting for my bow to cure.  I have one recovered broken arrow.  Haven't seen a tree for shafts yet.  Got 7 bullets, no rifle.  Made some nice mittens.  Hanging out in the Trapper's cabin.  Survived a few close encounters with Mr. Wolf.  But I'm mostly surviving on Mr. Rabbit.

My current problem right now is just exploring and getting lost.  Not something I need help on -- just my current problem.  I'd like to get to the tower I see in the distance.  That's my next objective.  Just need to wait for the weather to calm down a bit.

Oh, and it would be nice to find shaft-worthy wood.  Though, I might try to run Bambi into Mr. Wolf and then scare him off with a torch; I've got shit for pants and shoes -- could really use the hide.

Ropes. These were added a while back but I've only just played with them a little. I had 300+ day runs in earlier builds and have had to start over with FC build.

When climbing Ropes, I'm not sure how much stamina I will lose, how sure to plan how much to carry so I can return via the rope, etc.  The one time I tried a rope in ML so far I was almost out of stamina at the very top and thought sure I'd fall to my death but somehow made it over the edge just as I went red.

I'm going to test it out for a few days in PV near skeeters ridge before I go into TM to try to figure out a rule of thumb. There's a double rope setup there so we'll see what it takes. There's probably a guide somewhere, but meh, I'll figure it out.

Also the medical radial menu. What's the deal? You have to pick the cure BEFORE you pick the ailment? Shouldn't that be the other way around.

On 7/19/2017 at 11:13 PM, JAFO said:

"no chance" doesn't exist until you're dead. I've made it back from 3% one time, and I've seen more than one playthrough on youtube where someone went all the way down to 1%, and clawed their way back to health. Don't give up.. go down fighting until your last breath to survive.

I'm on a 80+ day run now where I got to 1%. Granted I was ready to die because I was just sort of playing with the new build. I would have only gone to 5% or so had the new medical radial menu made any sense. I was inside wondering why my health was still dropping when I finally noticed I still had untended afflictions.

It was like in a movie. I was scrambling to figure how to apply the right stuff in the new UI when I stopped the last issue at 1%.  After I pulled through, I decided to keep going. Fate willed it. :)

20 minutes ago, vimrich said:

The one time I tried a rope in ML so far I was almost out of stamina at the very top and thought sure I'd fall to my death but somehow made it over the edge just as I went red.

Just a little tidbit of information about this that you might find useful (and maybe not want to find out on your own), if you're interested :

I have survived falling off ropes from fairly scary heights in the past. I was left with very low condition and the inevitable "sprain" injuries to deal with, so it's not something you'd want to make a habit of, but it seems that you do get to learn from such mistakes in a "don't try that again" kind of way rather than having all your progress snuffed out in an instant (a bit like bear attacks).

I think this principle is good for gameplay in general, but be aware that there is a limit to the game's generosity with falls: if you take the piss, it will sometimes kill you! [\spoiler] 

Archived