Crafting a sled

Basaoul

HI i was thinking about something ta could be nice to the game.. a sled crafted from deer and wood with this you could put 50 Kg of stuff in it but you can pull withouht be ableing to run like as if you are to 49KG 

The nice idea with it is you can left it at any moment like a wolf attack you left it behind, hide then come back later to get your stuff back. well it's just an idea :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2017 at 10:42 PM, JoE Smash said:

I second the sled, wholeheartedly....so much so I expanded on your above idea in the backpack thread...

not sure if backpack is really usefull because backpack seems to be with the character but invisible anyway if we can carry overland more than our own weight, that should be very cool

I'd love a sled for moving stuff from base to base on different maps....

It's really hard to move all your stuff from one place to another currently. After a few trips you give up and start deciding what you are just going to leave behind....and a piece of you hates leaving anything of use behind...

I found leaving goods behind can be of a benefit, specially if you ever have to go back to that place for some reason! also makes it more interesting! having to decide what you take and what you leave behind. The only place I would want some sort of transport would be Pleasant Valley, currently playing their now and forgot how long those roads are :)

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed - I'm in the middle of moving my 'Flag' from the Dam to the Farmhouse - its a LOOONG river, cave, ravine and more road, to walk with +15KG of junk (out of like ~40KG of extra stuff).

Even another 20KG would make a huge difference. Since you could schlep around all the auxiliary tools and supplies not of any immediate 'survival' use - and I suppose it would count as an "outdoors" container too (Icebox).

Also I think it would need non-mountain paths, as sleds slide downhills REALLY well.... Pulling a sled UPHILL: NOPE.

The secret to moving things is to first set them up in an orderly manner, then move things from one checkpoint to another, carrying minimal clothes you can and often taking a bit of weather damage which can be then compensated by a single night sleep. Also, if you "clear" your way first, then you can often discard a lot of items you otherwise would bring with you everywhere, things like bedroll, tools etc.

Not that I wouldn't mind having the sled. I am pretty sure I already proposed something similar at one point here on forums. Would like to have a sled which you could pull behind with your character being able to discard it at will. However, I would see that the sleds reigns would still be in players hands, so if they get ambushed they can't quickly defend themselves with a weapon. That would be the downside to it, as it should be.

Archived