Antibiotics not working?

Packet802

Hi all.  Just came back to the game to check out the new update. Been almost a year!  Looks nice!  Got my first case of food poisoning which I tried to treat with antibiotics and it says that treatment didnt do anything.  Took 18 antibiotics and cooked reshi tea but nothing worked. I have tried taking antibiotics from the radial menu and from inventory but neither works.  My guy is down to 15% health and says he is going to bleed out. So I tried treating it with bandages and antiseptic but that didn't help.Reloaded the same save 3 times repeating all this but still didn't work. This is on XB1.  

I was afraid to go to sleep cause my condition was dropping.  But it was my mistake anyway since I took antibiotics as I was walking towards the farmhouse. When I got inside it appeared that the infection was still untreated so I took more antibiotics which started telling me that it wasn't having any effect. I finally did try to sleep for 2 hours and noticed the counter dropped to 8 hours rest needed. I also didn't notice the little check mark on the afflictions display that turns on when you take antibiotics. I thought there was something a little more noticeable before.  It has been a while! Anyway my bad, looks like it's working fine.

19 hours ago, Packet802 said:

Anyway my bad, looks like it's working fine.

Actually I ran into this bug too a couple nights ago...on PC. I got food poisoning, took antibiotics twice, and both times it said the treatment didn't do anything. So I reloaded, tried again, and then it worked fine.

Not sure if it is a bug since antibiotics are hit or miss, but it might be worth throwing in a bug report all the same.

I honestly wish painkillers worked the same, having to take time to set in and help. It feels off that the malady they are set to help immediately heals.

But maybe we are actually taking morphine?

• 1 month later...

Had this occur every time I accidentally spam-eat raw food by accident.  I've taken antibiotics from inventory and the hot-wheel.  If you do indeed have to take the medicine AND rest for 10 hours, they should definitely update the description of the illness to make that more clear.

• 8 months later...

I just died from food poisoning. I took about 6 antibiotics total, and then tried to sleep as I thought it needed time to work (I still had the affliction after taking the meds). Died in my sleep, much to my chagrin. Peaceful way to go at least, but would have felt better dying to a wolf or something!

Archived