Antiseptic does not work

Nicholai

I tried to cure my %60 infection risk but it stucks at %1. If I try again, it says something like "this doesn't treat your wound" bla bla. I applied bandage before and after antiseptic, nothing changed. Did I miss something or this is a bug?

ss.png

Infection risk is mitigated by antiseptics (Old Man Beard Dressing and Peroxide Bottle).  It is only eliminated if it is reduced below 0%.  Otherwise it continues to grow in percent for a while (12-ish hours ?) before attempting to become an infection, presumably at the percent chance it had when its timer ran out.  If it reached 100% I think it would always trigger.

The first aid system was reorganized recently and has introduced a  lot of confusion.  It used to be that treating a cut with a bandage automatically reduced risk of infection by 25% (risk starts at 50%).  But now bandages don't touch risk at all.  Antiseptics used to reduce risk a further 40%, so if you used them close to when you put on a bandage the risk would go below zero and it would be removed.  With the change, that 40% reduction still left you with a 10% risk and without the bandage effect that would continue to grow until it rolled for a chance at actual infection.  But I think they tweaked it again so the risk can be eliminated if the antiseptic is used immediately (probably made antiseptics treat 50-60% but I don;t know exactly).  But if you wait long enough you will not have enough antiseptic effect to kill it and it's residual percent will remain.

Every injury is only ever treated once (first aid items can now be used without effect at will.  I think you can bandage your food poisoning now if you want.  Multiple times.)  So there probably should be some indication added to show that the the risk has already been treated, and that the 1% cannot be treated again until after it "pops" and possibly transforms into an actual infection.

Well, I continued to play and slept with little time intervals to check the infection rate but it hasn't increased. So it seems healed but indicator asserts the contrary. That's the problem.

Edit: It is healed by itself withing the next day. 

• 1 month later...
On 2017-06-17 at 1:30 PM, selfless said:

But if you wait long enough you will not have enough antiseptic effect to kill it and it's residual percent will remain.

That's the problem. Sometimes you're in a precarious situation where there's not enough time to apply the antiseptic immediately. So what Hinterland is now doing is giving us less of a chance to survive once attacked then? I am now forced to go into my first aid and apply antiseptic immediately after an attack and risk getting attacked again during the process? Staying vigil to a second attack will probably see me die anyway since when I can finally get to safety and look to my wounds, it might be too late. Rambo would scoff at this, lmao.

I spent some time testing this out and here is what I have found:

• The initial Infection Risk is at 50%.
  • The Infection Risk increases by 5% every hour until it reaches a maximum of 90%.
  • One dose of Antiseptic will reduce the Infection Risk by 60%.
  • Further doses of Antiseptic will have no effect.
  • The remaining Infection Risk will go away after around 10 - 12 hours (do not need to sleep) or will become an actual Infection.
  • Having an Infection Risk will not reduce overall condition.

So, you have 2 hours to treat and cure the Infection Risk after the attack.  If you don't treat it by then and the Infection Risk is greater than 60%, you will have to wait it out and hope not to get an actual infection.

I don't see any problem with how this works.  Two hours is plenty of time to make it to safety and apply treatment. 

7 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

So, you have 2 hours to treat and cure the Infection Risk after the attack.  If you don't treat it by then and the Infection Risk is greater than 60%, you will have to wait it out and hope not to get an actual infection.

Great info, as always. Thanks :)

Archived