Gonzalo

Save totally changed from nowhere

Recommended Posts

Hello, I have been playing an interloper game and was really happy with my progress. I went to sleep in-game so I could save it because I had to go, then I come back now and see that my condition in the save preview it's 16% and I am like "da fuck?", so I load it and I am in the coastal house (I did not sleep there. . . I slept in the Quonset Garage) I had 16% condition instead of 100%, (I slept with 100%. . .) and all my clothing was in low condition and my gloves are Ruined (and they all where with 90% or more. . .) plus it says that I have an sprained leg because of a wolf attack (WHAT?! WHY?!). Can someone please tell me how can I upload the savefile and the logs and what not so I can report this please? I am really frustrated to say the least. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you play this run on the test branch, and if yes did you play TLD since the test branch was closed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gonzalo said:

Hello, I have been playing an interloper game and was really happy with my progress. I went to sleep in-game so I could save it because I had to go, then I come back now and see that my condition in the save preview it's 16% and I am like "da fuck?", so I load it and I am in the coastal house (I did not sleep there. . . I slept in the Quonset Garage) I had 16% condition instead of 100%, (I slept with 100%. . .) and all my clothing was in low condition and my gloves are Ruined (and they all where with 90% or more. . .) plus it says that I have an sprained leg because of a wolf attack (WHAT?! WHY?!). Can someone please tell me how can I upload the savefile and the logs and what not so I can report this please? I am really frustrated to say the least. . .

That sounds unusual -- just to be clear, this was a brand-new game you started after the Faithful Cartographer update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

That sounds unusual -- just to be clear, this was a brand-new game you started after the Faithful Cartographer update?

Yes, It was a brand new game after the update. Now that I remember, a wolf was chasing me just after I entered the garage but it was not able to catch me, maybe that caused a bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gonzalo said:

Yes, It was a brand new game after the update. Now that I remember, a wolf was chasing me just after I entered the garage but it was not able to catch me, maybe that caused a bug?

That helps. And you're quite sure you never saw your character go into a wolf struggle? And the character was fine when you entered the building, prior to quitting out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I entered the Garage, searched for supplies, melted some snow and then drank it and went to sleep so I could quit, then today when I came back to my house to play it was all changed :/. I am taking a break from the game after this XD it really hit me hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry it's left such a bad taste in your mouth. Please go ahead and send your save files and logs to support@hinterlandgames.com so we can look into this. Thanks for your understanding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm,.. the the only percent the save preview displays is the percent of the world discovered.  Condition is not displayed until the game is restored.  

It would be odd if both were exactly 16% at the same moment as a save.

Edited by selfless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, selfless said:

Hmm,.. the the only percent the save preview displays is the percent of the world discovered.  Condition is not displayed until the game is restored.  

It would be odd if both were exactly 16% at the same moment as a save.

I dont really think that the % shown there it's the world discovered EDIT: I mean there is one but my character condition that was 100% and location changed from nowhere.

Untitled.png

Edited by Gonzalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Sorry it's left such a bad taste in your mouth. Please go ahead and send your save files and logs to support@hinterlandgames.com so we can look into this. Thanks for your understanding. 

Thank you for your time and help Patrick :), this might sound stupid, but could you please point me out where the save files are? I know the log files are in the game folder but I am not sure about the save files.

By the way that bad taste did not last long as I am playing again but just in stalker. Don't really want to touch interloper again for some time after what happened, but I can't stop playing and I dont really know why, have 303 hours logged in steam alrdy and add 40 hours more from the pirated one before I bought the game (sorry I did not have money at the time :c).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gonzalo said:

Thank you for your time and help Patrick :), this might sound stupid, but could you please point me out where the save files are? I know the log files are in the game folder but I am not sure about the save files.

By the way that bad taste did not last long as I am playing again but just in stalker. Don't really want to touch interloper again for some time after what happened, but I can't stop playing and I dont really know why, have 303 hours logged in steam alrdy and add 40 hours more from the pirated one before I bought the game (sorry I did not have money at the time :c).

No worries at all. Your save file location and other useful info can be found in this thread: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now