tortuosit

F10 high resolution screenshot not high resolution

Recommended Posts

Hi, I reported it in test branch, now the thread/forum is gone.

High res. screenshots (press F10, see Desktop) are just upscaled pictures without interpolation here. I have attached a relevant part of a screenshot @ 100% view.

GPU is a GTX970.

 

tld.PNG

Edited by tortuosit
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4.11mb 7680px X 4800px seem pretty high res to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nicko said:

4.11mb 7680px X 4800px seem pretty high res to me!

Yes. 768000 x 480000 would also be high res. But its worth nothing, if its just upscaled from 1920x1200.

I don't think it was like that before. I guess there is some bug.

EDIT: I have uploaded a complete screenshot now. Look at it at original size/100% view.

screen_a2922128-bb93-4rrl5.png

 

Edited by tortuosit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, is anyone willing to press F10 and checking the resulting screenshot (it will be saved on desktop) in 100% view... is it also as crappy as mine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tortuosit said:

Guys, is anyone willing to press F10 and checking the resulting screenshot (it will be saved on desktop) in 100% view... is it also as crappy as mine?

I don't know of any changes to the in-game screenshot system -- I just checked the F10 capture in the public build and its 10240x5760, 5MB. Looks great!

What is the native resolution of the monitor you use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

I don't know of any changes to the in-game screenshot system -- I just checked the F10 capture in the public build and its 10240x5760, 5MB. Looks great!

What is the native resolution of the monitor you use?

I'm using 1920x1200, but that is not the point. Just look at the raw picture http://abload.de/img/screen_a2922128-bb93-4rrl5.png - this is the raw screenshot as created by TLD - look at it on 100% view (or let's call it 1:1), not zoomed in whatever way and you see it is simply upsampled crap with no interpolation having been used.

I wonder why nobody understands the point (I mentioned the thing twice and people did not react, I was surprised).

Edited by tortuosit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK for everyones understanding I have uploaded a "Looks great!" Patrick Carlson picture. Great resolution! 5600x5100 1337 quality!!!!111""§§ If I were an apple user I'd even throw all my money, all my EUR 50 at myself!!!!111!"§§§$$%/(&%$

zwischenablage-1n1u62.png

(SCNR)

Edited by tortuosit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I was attempting to do was engage with your question -- there's really no need to be so sarcastic. I'm still not following the issue you are seeing but I will check with support and see if they can offer some context to your screenshot question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

I'm still not following the issue you are seeing

What @tortuosit is saying is, the hi-res image saved by F10 is NOT a hi-res image.. it's just a 1920x1200 image that's been re-scaled to 7680px X 4800px. Which means if viewed at 100% size, it looks terrible, because the individual pixels are extremely "blocky", just like the re-scaled pic he posted of your face.

To see what he means, click on the pic he posted above. It will open in a new tab/window. When it's loaded, click on the image once more to see it at 100% size. If it was hi-res, it would still be sharp. But it's not.

Edited by JAFO
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JAFO said:

What @tortuosit is saying is, the hi-res image saved by F10 is NOT a hi-res image.. it's just a 1920x1200 image that's been re-scaled to 7680px X 4800px. Which means if viewed at 100% size, it looks terrible, because the individual pixels are extremely "blocky", just like the re-scaled pic he posted of your face.

To see what he means, click on the pic he posted above. It will open in a new tab/window. When it's loaded, click on the image once more to see it at 100% size. If it was hi-res, it would still be sharp. But it's not.

Thank you @JAFO for being more clear on the subject. I understand what the OP is getting at now. Something isn't working as intended and we've logged the issue. It makes everything easier and faster when folks are friendly. We'll look into it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.6.2017 at 1:55 AM, JAFO said:

What @tortuosit is saying is, the hi-res image saved by F10 is NOT a hi-res image.. it's just a 1920x1200 image that's been re-scaled to 7680px X 4800px. Which means if viewed at 100% size, it looks terrible, because the individual pixels are extremely "blocky", just like the re-scaled pic he posted of your face.

To make it even more clear, instead of having one pixel at certain color, the "high res" image consists of 4x4 blocks of the same color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.6.2017 at 6:20 PM, Patrick Carlson said:

All I was attempting to do was engage with your question -- there's really no need to be so sarcastic. 

Yes I see that now; I apologize :$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now