Click and hold

Rada_

I really like this feature, but I have one question. 

When harvesting things like OMB and mushrooms we have to click-and-hold, and then release and click again (to take the item, otherwise you can right click to leave it). This gets annoying when in a hurry, and frankly kinda silly.

I get that with cattails you can opt out the tinder part of the plant, and that's ok. But why would I click-and-hold to then leave the reishi mushrooms?

7 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

Nobody wants click+hold. ;)

Which does beg the question as to why they introduced it in the first place..

(of course, anyone who's followed the debates on that mechanic knows what we suspect the real reason to be)

If we turn off click+hold now, a once clicked action cannot be cancelled. I really wish for being able to cancel actions via right click.

RMB single click for cancel/escape ... As I already told... I love Amplitude Studios games, where you can escape every subwindow by a simple RMB click (no matter which mouse position). It's very convenient, since your right hand is always holding the mouse. No need to move left hand to the escape key, no need to move mouse to a cancel button (but it of course should still be there).

Click-and-hold feature is one of sure signs that devs are looking solely in direct of consoles, as i dont know any pc gamer who like it or any game, where that feature had any positive feedback. This crap absolutely drove me up the wall when i was playing Shadow of Mordor. It was probably main reason why i didnt finish the game.

But as long as it optional, im completely ok with it.

On 6/8/2017 at 0:41 AM, Rada_ said:

I really like this feature

I don't, I have mild CTS and this was triggering it.  Frankly anything in a game that triggers CTS unnecessarily is bad design.  Thankfully they've included a toggle, but I just don't understand why anyone would want to press and hold... thats how you develop CTS in the first place.

Archived