Recent update did not wipe saves, but did wipe everything else

Honor

Hello,

I am a very dedicated TLD player (both on xbox and pc) but the recent update has put a wrench in the works.

All of my feat progress and challenge completions are reset, no changes in the game graphically or in the radial menu, and no new features. I had quite a bit of progress in many of the feats and had free runner unlocked. Is this something that is happening to a lot of xbox players or just me?

How would we go about fixing this problem?

22 hours ago, Honor said:

Hello,

I am a very dedicated TLD player (both on xbox and pc) but the recent update has put a wrench in the works.

All of my feat progress and challenge completions are reset, no changes in the game graphically or in the radial menu, and no new features. I had quite a bit of progress in many of the feats and had free runner unlocked. Is this something that is happening to a lot of xbox players or just me?

How would we go about fixing this problem?

Which recent update do you mean? On Xbox?

Sorry you've run into this issue. Our first recommendation would be to try a complete power cycle of your XBox, instructions for which you can find here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

Let us know if if helps you out. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Which recent update do you mean? On Xbox?

Sorry you've run into this issue. Our first recommendation would be to try a complete power cycle of you XBox, instructions for which you can find here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

Let us know if if helps you out. 

Yes, I did do a full power cycle yesterday but to no avail. I will try again right now.

I read that the Faithful Cartographer should be up for xbox by now, unless I am mistaken.

3 minutes ago, Honor said:

Yes, I did do a full power cycle yesterday but to no avail. I will try again right now.

I read that the Faithful Cartographer should be up for xbox by now, unless I am mistaken.

No, the new update isn't live yet for XBox, but it should be later this week. Please email support@hinterlandgames.com so we can follow up with your profile data issue. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Carlson said:

No, the new update isn't live yet for XBox, but it should be later this week. Please email support@hinterlandgames.com so we can follow up with your profile data issue. 

Will do and thank you! You guys are the most attentive development team I've ever seen.

I think I know where it originated. After hearing about the save wipe I went rambo on a bear for fun and my character died, I saved his journal and it was the next day my progress was deleted.

I sent the email, thanks again @Patrick Carlson

10 hours ago, SteveP said:

ALWAYS let your XBOX complete its save cycle when you exit the game. If you power off, you WILL loose your game data!! You do not have the same crash protection as on the PC. BEWARE!

Oh, I did. After saving his journal I made a new character, played for a bit, and signed off.

I don't play with feats, so I didn't really even notice what happened until I went to check my challenge badges the next day.

Archived