Bring back the wolves

TarjaS

The change list for v.136 says "Tuned wolf population density." I noticed. Only one wolf during the first week, although I can hear them fairly often. That sucks. I hope everyone who complained about too many wolves starves to death when there's nothing to shoot for food and nobody to do the hunting for them.

My vote is keep the wolves at the same level, but make them more aggressive if they decide not to flee. I would like to see (or at least have the developers tell me) that a wolf on the other side of the hill did react to me. If it fled I would never know it was there. (After all they would hear you crunching about and smell you over a hill). However, if it decided to stalk me...I'm in for a possible surprise.

Perhaps add some hunting scent eliminator as a rare item that you could get a few sprays out of for those perilous journeys, like night/fog. That way you would have a way to at least make things hopefully easier for a short trip when the odds are stacked against you.

In a day and a half I saw a wolf at collapsed tunnel, camp office, derailment, and two near the logging road. You must have gotten the pseudo-random seed from hell or something.

That sounds much better. I guess I'll have to wait until the next life to see if things improve. Not going to give up on the current one just because it got hard due to lack of wildlife (not much deer around either).

+1 for harder and more wolves! I don't like the last update, neither, but I bet it's necessary for fine tune the game.

Wolves (and other animals) are the only part of the game where I can imagine a little bit of unrealistic behavior. I'm pretty sure that the wildlife would act unusual in case of a geomagnetic storm. They could become unpredictable, like rabid animals.

But there's another thing. Maybe we should start to take into account the story mode. I believe they tune the wildlife (and pretty much everything) to make it suitable for the story mode. There will be other threats, like NPCs also. So maybe that's why we feel the need for harder "enemies", because we don't see all of them, yet. ;)

Archived