UI - remembering item type

oversoul

I noticed this a while ago but now I'm posting about it.

It causes me some mild aggravation that the game remembers what equipment 'type' I have filtered (e.g. clothing, tools, materials, etc.) but the containers have a different 'memory' for what type I have filtered. In other words, if I set the filter on my equipment menu (e) to 'tools' but for containers to 'first aid,' they're not the same. I think it would be more convenient if the equipment filter spanned across containers as well. In other words, if my filter in equip menu (e) was set to 'all,' when I opened a container it would also be 'all' or whatever I had it set to.

:?: I hope I'm getting my point across, and I wonder what other players think? :?:

I'd like each container to remember it's own filter, and for new containers to use 'all' as the filter. And I'd like to see the same behavior for the sort value. I'm not sure what I'd like the default sort to be though....

That said, on the inventory screen there could be a checkbox (or two) for the behavior - either use the same filter/sort for both, or don't. Obviously, having a checkbox would not depend on having each container remember it's settings.

Andruin

In other words, if my filter in equip menu (e) was set to 'all,' when I opened a container it would also be 'all' or whatever I had it set to.

:?: I hope I'm getting my point across, and I wonder what other players think? :?:

Yes, I know what you mean and I agree. You open a container and you're not seeing certain items in there, because the filter of the container doesn't match the filter you've set in your equip menu. You'll have to remember to check the containerfilter everytime to make sure it matches your equip-filter or set it manually to 'all'. If you miss that, then it can be confusing sometimes, happened to me too. Now I always check this, but it would be easier if your suggestion was implemented, imo. Or let all containers default to 'all' everytime, if it's not possible.

Archived