Food Poisoning

Beowulf59

Maybe i'm just unlucky but have eaten Cooked Deer meat @ 100% and got food poisoning, took antibiotics and slept 10 hours only to wake and feeling a little peckish cooked some more of the same (100%)...guess what?..yup food poisoning.

Will consider saying prayers before meals.

I would like to see zero% chance of food poisoning if meat is cooked and is in 100% condition.

ps. Loving the game :)

Yea I declare this game mechanic to be retarded. I cooked some wolf meat at around midnight, and while trekking over to the dam, I ate said wolf meat--which was now 88% (whatever that means)--at 10am and got sick. Just to be sure I did not have food poisoning myself IRL and thus hallucinated this event with the same likelihood as a meteor getting a hole-in-one down my fake house chimney, I reloaded my save and gave it another whack. Food poisoning. Again.

@oversoul

It seems that Hinterland saves the seed for random numbers, at least for food poisoning. This saving of the seed, results in that the load-save exploid is useless.

But overall the Food poisoning and gain for calories from cooked / uncooked should be changed a little bit. We are cooking meat to gain more calories from the meat (to reduce the digestion work, by predigesting it), and to kill the parasites. In case of TDL the meat loses calories by cooking. Therefore one of my strategies in TLD is to eat the meat raw, and only to cook it, if it is below the 40%.

Archived