AndISayMoreAsbestos

Game too strong for my PC?

Recommended Posts

So, I bought TLD a few years back, and have been loyally sticking with you guys for every update since. However, My game now crashes quite often, and I'm worried that with the updates that the game's graphic requirements are now too much for my pretty ordinary laptop to handle. Is there anyone I could give my computer's specs to see if that's the case or not?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2017 at 10:43 AM, AndISayMoreAsbestos said:

Is there anyone I could give my computer's specs to see if that's the case or not?

Yes.. you can post them here, and we'll let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great! Here's my specs:

Computer Information:
    Manufacturer:  Hewlett-Packard
    Model:  HP 15 Notebook PC 
    Form Factor: Laptop
    Touch Input Detected
    
Processor Information:
    CPU Vendor:  GenuineIntel
    CPU Brand:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz
    CPU Family:  0x6
    CPU Model:  0x45
    CPU Stepping:  0x1
    CPU Type:  0x0
    Speed:  1896 Mhz
    4 logical processors
    2 physical processors
    HyperThreading:  Supported
    FCMOV:  Supported
    SSE2:  Supported
    SSE3:  Supported
    SSSE3:  Supported
    SSE4a:  Unsupported
    SSE41:  Supported
    SSE42:  Supported
    AES:  Supported
    AVX:  Supported
    CMPXCHG16B:  Supported
    LAHF/SAHF:  Supported
    PrefetchW:  Supported
    
Network Information:
    Network Speed:  
    
Operating System Version:
    Windows 10 (64 bit)
    NTFS:  Supported
    Crypto Provider Codes:  Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0
    
Video Card:
    Driver:  Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

    DirectX Driver Name:  igdumdim32.dll
    Driver Version:  10.18.15.4278
    DirectX Driver Version:  10.18.15.4278
    Driver Date: 17 Aug 2015
    OpenGL Version: 4.3
    Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
    DirectX Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    VendorID:  0x8086
    DeviceID:  0xa16
    Revision:  0xb
    Number of Monitors:  1
    Number of Logical Video Cards:  1
    No SLI or Crossfire Detected
    Primary Display Resolution:  1366 x 768
    Desktop Resolution: 1366 x 768
    Primary Display Size: 13.54" x 7.60"  (15.51" diag)
                                            34.4cm x 19.3cm  (39.4cm diag)
    Primary Bus Type Not Detected
    Primary VRAM: 1024 MB
    Supported MSAA Modes:  2x 4x 8x 
    
Sound card:
    Audio device: Speaker/Headphone (Realtek High
    
Memory:
    RAM:  6074 Mb
   

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of your specs look ok.

While your graphics card model isn't exactly clear (there are several versions of Intel HD graphics chips), it has double the minimum VRAM required, which is a good sign, at least.

The one thing that seems underpowered is the CPU. Minimum requirement for TLD is: Dual-Core Intel i5 CPU @ 2GHz+, which yours (Intel Core i3 CPU @ 1.90GHz) falls somewhat short of. It may be able to run TLD, but I'd guess you might need to turn some of the settings down somewhat, to get acceptable performance.

It's a pity Hinterland don't release a free trial version that you could use to test with, as some machines that come in under minimum spec can run the game, albeit not at full performance. My own laptop being a case in point. The CPU is ok, but its graphics are underpowered, and I still get acceptable performance, even though I have a rather low framerate.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on a Mac book pro retina 15" with a dedicated 650m 1GB. I can play with not so much fluidity at this point, 15 fps outside. It sadly got more and more demanding but I guess that's the faster it can be.
I can still play so that's ok.

Edited by togg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JAFO said:

The one thing that seems underpowered is the CPU. Minimum requirement for TLD is: Dual-Core Intel i5 CPU @ 2GHz+, which yours (Intel Core i3 CPU @ 1.90GHz) falls somewhat short of. It may be able to run TLD, but I'd guess you might need to turn some of the settings down somewhat, to get acceptable performance.

I'm running the game on a 1.60 GHz CPU with an integrated NVIDA graphics card, on the lowest possible graphics settings. Still working.

I used to be able to run TLD on higher graphics settings, but with all the additions, it's just to much computation for the CPU to handle all at once, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2017 at 8:09 PM, JAFO said:

Most of your specs look ok.

While your graphics card model isn't exactly clear (there are several versions of Intel HD graphics chips), it has double the minimum VRAM required, which is a good sign, at least.

The one thing that seems underpowered is the CPU. Minimum requirement for TLD is: Dual-Core Intel i5 CPU @ 2GHz+, which yours (Intel Core i3 CPU @ 1.90GHz) falls somewhat short of. It may be able to run TLD, but I'd guess you might need to turn some of the settings down somewhat, to get acceptable performance.

It's a pity Hinterland don't release a free trial version that you could use to test with, as some machines that come in under minimum spec can run the game, albeit not at full performance. My own laptop being a case in point. The CPU is ok, but its graphics are underpowered, and I still get acceptable performance, even though I have a rather low framerate.

Thanks for the analysis! I'll try running TLD this evening on a lower setting and give a full report on the results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now