Info: Upcoming Test Branch, FAITHFUL CARTOGRAPHER Timeline, Save Wipe

Admin

5 minutes ago, Crimson Foxx said:

i restarted steam but it was the same so i will try verifying the files. i dont see that at all what you show there. Only the NONE line.

stuff knows then, sounds either they closed testing or you steam sottware is not updating.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i clicked it but there is no test option under the NONE one. I really think testing of this update has been closed. My other steam games are showing test options. Just not TLD. which is good news i guess as that means its likely to be soon publically released. :)

7 minutes ago, Crimson Foxx said:

i clicked it but there is no test option under the NONE one. I really think testing of this update has been closed. My other steam games are showing test options. Just not TLD. which is good news i guess as that means its likely to be soon publically released. :)

yeh maybe its closed I don't know that info. either way im still in it play test builds. so seems a bit strange, usually they tell us it closed.

Yes i clicked that arrow Nicko but there was no further options available under the NONE -Opt out of all beta programs. My others games ( Stranded deep, Subnautica ) for example do have options for testing under that. But when i check with TLD there isnt. so confuzzled.

Thats ok Nicko. Personally i think that testing on this update has recently been closed as thats the only reason that makes sense. Which is fine as maybe that means with no more testing being down the update is likely to be released publically soon. I am really stoked to play the faithful cartographer update. The changes just look incredible with so much more fun content. Just sucks i couldnt test it. My current alpha version is v.393 which as far as i am aware the most update to date updated Alpha version. I have updates set to automatic on my steam so TLD will auto update when its ready. :)

2 minutes ago, Crimson Foxx said:

Personally i think that testing on this update has recently been closed as thats the only reason that makes sense.

The test branch has not been closed.  We will be informed of this in the test branch section of the forums.

Just to be sure, I just opted out of the test branch and reverted back to .393.  Then I closed and re-opened Steam and opted back into the test branch and it's downloading now.

I'm sorry, I can't explain why it won't work for you.  Maybe @Patrick Carlson or @Mel Guille can help you out?

ok. i am at a complete loss as i can test for other games on my steam but not TLD. I will maybe try re-installing the game. I just do not get any option what so ever when i click the tab down button in the beta section to test. Its just not there. I have restarted steam and also verified my game files but nothing. I will try a complete game re-install and see if that helps.

LOL. well i know my PC is clean and not full of Trojans. I cant see why i would be blacklisted as i havent ever had any issue with Hinterland or the game or done anything to be blacklisted. Plus i can test for other games so its not Steam or a setting i can see. I have contacted a senior member here to ask for advice so maybe an answer will show. But if nothing else i will just have to patiently wait for it to be officially released.

3 hours ago, Timber Wolf said:

The test branch has not been closed.  We will be informed of this in the test branch section of the forums.

Just to be sure, I just opted out of the test branch and reverted back to .393.  Then I closed and re-opened Steam and opted back into the test branch and it's downloading now.

I'm sorry, I can't explain why it won't work for you.  Maybe @Patrick Carlson or @Mel Guille can help you out?

The test branch isn't closed yet. I expect it to be open at least through the weekend. We're still working on some things. @Crimson Foxx should have the info they need in order to opt-in now. 

Very excited for the story mode to finally come! Love the way the new graphical changes look.

You guys are honestly my favorite studio, I've never seen a dev team interact with their community so much and really take everything into account. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do.

My only regret-having 121 matches (found over 150 so far, only used about 30) and a magnifying glass with loads of cured materials and surplus crafting supplies on interloper. 70 days survived thus far. What a run, 100+ would be a cinch with him. Worth it for Wintermute though, so worth it

Hello, @Honor. Welcome to the forums!

16 hours ago, Honor said:

My only regret-having 121 matches (found over 150 so far, only used about 30) and a magnifying glass with loads of cured materials and surplus crafting supplies on interloper.

You could start a lot of fires and get a tad closer to the almost-impossible-to-get fire badge (if you don't already have it). If you need more time to use up the resources you gathered, you could play offline with updates turned off, so you can end this run feeling more satisfied.

On 6/3/2017 at 10:38 AM, slackhideo said:

Hello, @Honor. Welcome to the forums!

You could start a lot of fires and get a tad closer to the almost-impossible-to-get fire badge (if you don't already have it). If you need more time to use up the resources you gathered, you could play offline with updates turned off, so you can end this run feeling more satisfied.

Nah, it's ok, I usually get bored around 100 days anyway because it becomes really easy to stockpile food and water and firewood.

He went out gloriously, being mauled by a bear shortly before the bear died due to bow injuries then dying to the freezing cold lol.

I have noticed today though that none of my saves are wiped but all my feat and challenge progress is gone (on xbox).

14 minutes ago, Honor said:

He went out gloriously, being mauled by a bear shortly before the bear died due to bow injuries then dying to the freezing cold lol.

Something similar happened to me yesterday.

16 minutes ago, Honor said:

I have noticed today though that none of my saves are wiped but all my feat and challenge progress is gone (on xbox).

That's strange. I guess it is the opposite to what should have happened, if I understood correctly.

2 hours ago, slackhideo said:

Something similar happened to me yesterday.

That's strange. I guess it is the opposite to what should have happened, if I understood correctly.

Going out bows blazing was definitely fun, usually my suicides happen at the top of TWM, but I think the bear attack/freezing was more appropriate lol

And it is strange, I wonder if this happened to anyone else, I was actually very far on some feats and even had free runner unlocked.

2 hours ago, Honor said:

Going out bows blazing was definitely fun, usually my suicides happen at the top of TWM, but I think the bear attack/freezing was more appropriate lol

One thing this game doesn't lack is different ways to die, I guess :D

2 hours ago, Honor said:

And it is strange, I wonder if this happened to anyone else, I was actually very far on some feats and even had free runner unlocked.

I wonder too. Maybe your best bet is to contact Hinterland's support...

2 hours ago, slackhideo said:

One thing this game doesn't lack is different ways to die, I guess :D

I wonder too. Maybe your best bet is to contact Hinterland's support...

Well I already put up a topic in the appropriate section, hopefully it is answered soon, I really want to get back to TLD so badly! But at the same time, I don't want all of my progress to go to waste.

Archived