The new HUD looks awful

Fluffy23

Should the new HUD be added to the long dark  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9.5.2017 at 8:28 AM, Fluffy23 said:

It's probably a moderator sabotaging the poll, because he really wants the new HUD in the game.

I have no words for this. I think you have a problem.

Are you choleric or a conspiracist? Or both? Because thats the impression i got from you. You got extremly angry when seeing the new HUD and created IMMEDIATELY a new topic where you offloaded all your anger. When you still think the HUD looks bad (what i believe, because you didn't delete the topic), then ok. But please learn to handle you anger and don't overreact.

1 hour ago, Karl Grylls said:

I have no words for this. I think you have a problem.

Are you choleric or a conspiracist? Or both? Because thats the impression i got from you. You got extremly angry when seeing the new HUD and created IMMEDIATELY a new topic where you offloaded all your anger. When you still think the HUD looks bad (what i believe, because you didn't deleted the topic), then ok. But please learn to handle you anger and don't overreact.

Yo, mate, I think he is basically trolling. So you know how the saying goes... don't feed them ;) 

On 09/05/2017 at 8:28 AM, Fluffy23 said:

It's probably a moderator sabotaging the poll, because he really wants the new HUD in the game.

If you look at the result without voting, you are counted as voter and you can't vote anymore. That's it.

Beside, the dev didnt initiate this poll, so I don't think it will be relevant.

On 5/9/2017 at 1:28 AM, Fluffy23 said:

First of all i would like to say that I don't believe that our moderators would be so shallow as to sabotage the vote. It would be ridiculous for us to believe that, and besides they would have no incentive to change the vote.

With that said, i have only been here for a year so i may not know how some things (including polls) work. Currently the poll says that 42 members have voted and the results are 0 votes story mode only, 20 votes both, 18 votes neither. 

last i checked 0+20+18=38 and 38≠42 so where are the other 4 voters? did 4 people simply hit submit without selecting anything, or are 4 of the people who voted also people who were banned? perhaps someone could explain this in order to put accusation/misunderstanding/problem to rest?

On 04/05/2017 at 5:41 PM, Gleudal said:

i really appreciate all the changes, that hinterland did anounce with the upcoming update, but I also strongly disagree with this HUD. I think that the small pictures for health, cold, fatigue, thirst and hungar should stay as they currently are. I like the rest of the radial menu, i guess it will be good, but those 5 pictogramms look aweful. They are inaccurate, because they have different sizes and shapes and they are smaller. All in all they make it harder, not easier for me to know how much of the current state is left.

There should be at least a HUD option to retain the current bars.

Pls Hinterland! Pls dont take my percentages!

I like the militar/spartan approach of the current UI.
an for real, I said it once, I gonna say it again:
"don't put freaking icons in front of my beautiful view"
i Know, it's hard for new players, but they buyed a survival game, not a stupid game, like sims.
and in survival, you are freaking in your won, yes i could go without the icon, and the whole UI, but... is harde to make the right decision without having a clue about you current state.
so, I don't mind the new icons, if I don't have to see them to know what's my status.

well, looking on google to illustrate, I prefer something more like those:
ebd6846943eb18cc280d6172aceaf15c.jpgFitbit-Dashboard.png

if simpler, better, i really like the "Text: info" style.
and no, not need for big icons, almost nobody play below 800 x 640 anymore.
hum.... i hate that part of design, why you have to mix the beautiful art style with the UI? I know it's about making "seamless", but icon kept "screaming at me" or in better words, they call to much my attention.
the old design was more discrete (that's the keyword, discrete) even if it was in high contrast dude the different styles.

P.S.: to be honest, I like the old company logo don't like the simple version of it... I don't like the usual staff, is boring...

11 hours ago, Mortan1234 said:

First of all i would like to say that I don't believe that our moderators would be so shallow as to sabotage the vote. It would be ridiculous for us to believe that, and besides they would have no incentive to change the vote.

Thanks.  Indeed we neither have the incentive, nor even the means to change anything someone has posted. Not their choice of words, not the pictures they may have attached, not their polIs. I for one can't even add more options to someone else's poll. We can move and delete things, but we can't change them. Hope that clarifies a bit why the thought we might manipulate poll results is extremely ridiculous. 

Regarding the four 'missing' voters: I'm not 100% sure, but I very much suspect these might be the people like me who clicked on 'show results' without voting. ;)

( I didn't vote because I think the UI should be added after certain changes. For which there is simply no option to vote. And I always choose 'show results ' in general if my opinion is not represented. )

11 hours ago, Mortan1234 said:

last i checked 0+20+18=38 and 38≠42 so where are the other 4 voters? did 4 people simply hit submit without selecting anything, or are 4 of the people who voted also people who were banned? perhaps someone could explain this in order to put accusation/misunderstanding/problem to rest?

How about reading the post that comes just * before* the one you ask for this? ;)

I think it's safe to believe that the icons will disappear as they currently do until called up by the player. They are in the screenshot perhaps only to show them, but that doesn't imply they are static and will always be visible.

13 hours ago, Mortan1234 said:

With that said, i have only been here for a year so i may not know how some things (including polls) work. Currently the poll says that 42 members have voted and the results are 0 votes story mode only, 20 votes both, 18 votes neither. 

I'm not sure it's important; its just an informal poll but doesn't have any meaning beyond maybe being interesting. Certainly not meaningful enough for someone to "sabotage". :o

Archived