The new HUD looks awful

Fluffy23

Should the new HUD be added to the long dark  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Fluffy23 said:

Hinterland really wants to keep the new HUD because that started deleting some of my comments. (The ones that where warning people about the new HUD design)

You were spamming it and complaining like this is probably gonna get you banned, not because of the HUD but because of what you're doing :)

Also of course HL wants to keep this, they probably had to do it because of PS4. But hey, what amazing news that the family is getting bigger and now we have to compromise in even more things.

Yes. I hate consoles :P

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not HL, that's personally ME.

I'm leaving alone your original post (despite its ridiculousness), but I will keep deleting all of your entirely contentless reference-posts linking to it from other threads. That's immature nonsense spam violating the forum guidelines, nothing else. 

1 minute ago, Scyzara said:

That's not HL, that's personally ME.

I'm leaving alone your original post (despite its rediculousness), but I will keep deleting all of your entirely contentless reference-posts linking to it from other threads. That's immature nonsense spam violating the forum guidelines, nothing else. 

I've decided to mute you for a week. Hopefully by then you will stop annoying me.

from one screenshot how can you tell it will be so bad? to me as long as it is functional and easy access I don't see a problem.

I like the radial menu in present alpha game. if the new update improves on this then I am all for it.

I just don't see how you can give it such negative comments when you have not even used it yet @Fluffy23 or maybe your just trolling?

8 minutes ago, Fluffy23 said:

I've decided to mute you for a week. Hopefully by then you will stop annoying me.

I was very disappointed yesterday how people behaved over here... it's getting even worse. :(

Very disrespectful in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Baukster77 said:

I was very disappointed yesterday how people behaved over here... it's getting even worse. :(

Please don't worry about it, this will be resolved soon. I've forwarded the issue to @Patrick Carlson and @Mel Guille and I'm sure they will take care of the problem once one of them is back. ;)

(Even the most dedicated community managers have to sleep every now and then.^^)

Just now, nicko said:

what do you mean? from what i see the current radial has no numbers or bars? or am I misunderstanding your issue?

He means health  % and Thirst / Hunger / Rest / Cold bars 

Granted we may not be seeing everything on a screenshot and be better than it looks - but it doesn't look very good.

More speculation based on very scant evidence....again.

One screenshot of the new HUD and you know enough to condemn it? The fact is that change is hard and we tend to like what we know and find ways of keeping the familiar around; its called rationalizing and it rarely works out well, particularly in situations like this, where the 'new' isn't even a known entity.

Once again, lets wait for it to be released so we can at least give it a chance before dismissing it.

4 minutes ago, nicko said:

here you go

radiualMenu.thumb.jpg.d13dfccc0be7ba2a4647a4681a2bd941.jpg

If you press tab on you're keyboard you will get Thirst / Hunger / Rest / Cold bars with health and temperature numbers.

Hinterland is planning on replacing that HUD with the right picture you showed me.

5 minutes ago, Carbon said:

More speculation based on very scant evidence....again.

One screenshot of the new HUD and you know enough to condemn it? The fast is that change is hard and we tend to like what we know and find ways of keeping the familiar around; its called rationalizing and it rarely works out well, particularly in situations like this, where the 'new' isn't even a known entity.

Once again, lets wait for it to be released so we can at least give it a chance before dismissing it.

The HUD was first posted on April fools day as a joke https://mobile.twitter.com/RaphLife/status/848268336123084800

Now they have taken this horrible design and put it on The long dark website!

4 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

If anything? Change Radial menu IU designs through game's options.

Choose "Classic" or "Modern", simple as that.

Yeah this will come right after the option to one-click pick sticks and to toggle auto walk is implemented. Oh wait... never mind.

12 minutes ago, Fluffy23 said:

If you press tab on you're keyboard you will get Thirst / Hunger / Rest / Cold bars with health and temperature numbers.

Hinterland is planning on replacing that HUD with the right picture you showed me.

where do they say they are planning on replacing the tab menu? my spacebar brings up the radial menu, tab the below screenie. either way I am now thinking why have two? maybe they need a tab for something else? who knows. lets all just relax a bit until we do know more.

tabMenu.thumb.jpg.ab00228dbb33ada4f42010343006433a.jpg

14 minutes ago, Fluffy23 said:

http://www.thelongdark.com/news/posts/light-at-the-end/

"We’ve done a complete aesthetic overhaul of our UI & HUD"

yerp and so far we have one screen shot of one radial menu and your going full on hate on them? I still don't see your point sorry. I think it will be great update, if not we then complain. but sheesh lets not complain even before we have even seen or used it.

2 hours ago, Scyzara said:

@Fluffy23 :Thread moved to Feedback forums as it fits better there. Apart from that, please stop insulting the HL team as 'idiots' or implying they're doing a poor job on purpose. (Last post marked for supervision).

Calling someone idiot is too much. Yes we were disappointed from the countdown and the expectations it delivered to us. But this is a strictly no-go. When you want to be treated seriously and as an adult, you have to behave yourself and treat others in the same way, Fluffy.

After a second look on the graphic style of the RADIAL menu, i think this is fine. Forget my former posts in this thread to this topic. I will give it a chance and wait until i can play it. And when i don't like it.... well changes are alwys possible.

But when it comes to the new icons: i stand my ground. These icons are not helpful. The actual ones and the bars showing clearly where we are and that's the most important thing. The planned arrows for up and down and the "tiding" symbols are inaccurate.

9 minutes ago, nicko said:

yerp and so far we have one screen shot of one radial menu and your going full on hate on them? I still don't see your point sorry. I think it will be great update, if not we then complain. but sheesh lets not complain even before we have even seen or used it.

If they keep the tab HUD the same way. I'll be happy.

6 minutes ago, Fluffy23 said:

If they keep the tab HUD the same way. I'll be happy.

yeh who knows maybe the tab menu will be even better than it is, this is why I say why re-act so quick based on one screenshot.

either way all good, we can both complain or not when we ALL see more in future updates.

1 hour ago, Fluffy23 said:

[...] because that started deleting some of my comments. (The ones that where warning people about the new HUD design)

I think this is mostly because you crossposted your rant multiple times.

Archived