The new HUD looks awful

Fluffy23

Should the new HUD be added to the long dark  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really appreciate all the changes, that hinterland did anounce with the upcoming update, but I also strongly disagree with this HUD. I think that the small pictures for health, cold, fatigue, thirst and hungar should stay as they currently are. I like the rest of the radial menu, i guess it will be good, but those 5 pictogramms look aweful. They are inaccurate, because they have different sizes and shapes and they are smaller. All in all they make it harder, not easier for me to know how much of the current state is left.

There should be at least a HUD option to retain the current bars.

Pls Hinterland! Pls dont take my percentages!

i meant there are different types of players out there, those who prefer optical and pictoresque menus but also those (like me) who like the clear structure of the current bars with percentages. Would be great to have an HUD-option for both here.

It looks ugly. It's ambiguous. It's misleading. I like knowing specifically where I fall for each category and not random indicator of something going up or down. I also don't like the fact that the radial menu looks so thin. It doesn't have that nice solid shape to it like the current one. Nothing will beat the bars and the current radial menu. 

Hinterland, please don't degrade the radial menu.

I don't like the new HUD either. On the other hand i hated the current one when it came out. I wanted the colored bars back. Now i love the actual HUD. But this one? Even with the things i have said before i have difficulties to accept the new one. The actual one gives us a clear view how cold we are and how thirsty. And a strong percent so we know everytime where we are. The future one is.... brrrrr

Give us at least the option ingame to decide which one we want.

Just now, Karl Grylls said:

I don't like the new HUD either. On the other hand i hated the current one when it came out. I wanted the colored bars back. Now i love the actual HUD. But this one? Even with the things i have said before i have difficulties to accept the new one. The actual one gives us a clear view how cold we are and how thirsty. And a strong percent so we now everytime where we are. The future one is.... brrrrr

Give us at least the option ingame to decide which one we want.

I completely agree. Having that option would definitely appeal to many players and would keep many players happy as well.

I quote myself so i don't have to rewrite this:

44 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

Two other things: Yes the new HUD looks terrible indeed. It's good that you improved the functionality and stuff (is the decoy now on the first page of radial menu or are we still forced to click us trough it? That's not intelligent in case of an attack). But the look. These tattered edges are really not beautiful. The menu looked so mature before, i always loved it. And the other things too: Symbols for Hunger, Cold, Thirst, Fatigue were perfect! Your philisophy of keeping written reports out of the game and changing them to symbols: Just great. They were looking so mature, so adult. You take them serious just by seeing them. And now that ;(

48 minutes ago, Dirmagnos said:

Its 2 early to tell, but design of new HUD looks sloppy, intentionally sloppy, but still.

I generally dislike such shady ambiguous designs like new radial menu looks. I like sharp, clear and present designs.

The HUD was intentionally sloppy. They first showed this HUD on April fools day https://mobile.twitter.com/RaphLife/status/848268336123084800

I hope these idiots are not actually serious about putting this HUD in the game.

@Fluffy23 :Thread moved to Feedback forums as it fits better there. Apart from that, please stop insulting the HL team as 'idiots' or implying they're doing a poor job on purpose. (Last post marked for supervision).

@topic: I personally don't like the new UI particularly either, but I honestly don't care much about the details of the UI at all. There are just way more important aspects of the game for me.

1 hour ago, LonelySurvivor said:

The radial looks fine but yeah not a big fan of those bottom things either.

Hinterland really wants to keep the new HUD because they started deleting some of my comments. (The ones that where warning people about the new HUD design)

Archived