Countdown

Admin

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Complete shit show.

"That brings me to the recent countdown we launched at www.thelongdark.com. I know that in some corners of our community, this countdown timer was not a popular thing. Some people felt that it was insulting to be given a “timer for a timer”. I can see this and I’m sorry that it created frustration for some of you. This was certainly not our intention."

Not only do you do a countdown timer to a countdown timer with NO information being provided, you have the gall to say this wasn't your intent. Bullshit. Absolutely complete and total bullshit. Review getting changed on Steam. You don't even have insight enough to see that NOBODY thought a countdown to nothing is a good idea. 

I was a big supporter before this. You've pissed off a lot of people for this. Expect your financials to suffer as a result.

So basically all we will be getting is throwing stuff and chopping some meat, as far as new mechanics go and we have to wait for it until the 1st of August ???   This is quite depressing, when I saw the video on 0:35 there was a clay pot with dried up plant I thought that we will get planting mechanic at least.  Hinterland your should up you game or the release will be a disaster.

Wow...What a dick move a 22 day countdown, a sale right before the end, to only result in a "big" announcement that the story mode is coming later in the summer and a list of update in a sandbox mode at the end of the month. That all could have been done minus the big hype. All that did was make them seem as if they were trying to boost sales. While some of the improvements will be really nice, I'm very disappointing about how they went about this. I've been playing lots in following and hopes for its potential , but to be honest this may be the thing that stops me from bothering following and move on. Just a really classless move in my opinion

1 minute ago, ponyhidden said:

why tho

Right... This countdown to nothing was enough to get me posting on this forum. I've been quite patient with the month-long waits between sandbox updates, and to be honest I was only concerned for and optimistic about AT LEAST a sandbox update by the end of the countdown. I didn't expect to feel pissed about the results.

I've calmed down a bit now. I got a bit huffy for a bit. The problem is - I love this game to bits. Played it for hours and hours. My brother and I play it at the same time and party chat whilst doing it. It's beautiful, thoughtful and an enormous amount of fun. I'm not gonna stop playing it anytime soon, it's my go to entertainment. I can forgive the devs for cocking up the counter thing, it's not the end of the world....

But it still would have been nice to have a tangible thing at the end of the counter.... sigh

As expected people are mad lol It wasn't that difficult to do right, say in advance that the countdown is for a video and a release date, the same way Star Wars does it :) 

I'll play more interloper when the sandbox get out for the new graphics, UI and optimizations. The new gameplay doesn't intrigue me at the moment, I didn't expect cooking but I did expect the moose and the pistol. Well, it's ok, I hope not too many people planned too many hours of brake to play it now.

After reading on the new TLD site, this countdown was just to get us hyped and tell our friends, its just commercial. HInterland this SUCKS! I feel USED!
Okey so a sandbox update IS coming, why not today?? Please tell us U planned it for today at least.

17 minutes ago, ElvisHunter said:

I think we should be entitled to a refund at this point. Keep your story mode, give me my 20 bucks back - I'll find a different sandbox to play. 

Not totaly onboard here I mean its an early acces game, but the feeling right now is "-I'll find a different sandbox to play"
I really love the game and until now how hinterland has given info, but now this is for me a huge setback in respect for the Devs. Fuck.... Hope it goes away when the dissapointment does.. This gives you more players but made us who does play and have helped with bug reports just a big bad end on the day, after hyping it for a month.

Now I feel I can apply for a marketing strategist :P

By the way the new region looks very nice, I've rewatched the global map yesterday and those kind of chokes points and strange layout are beautiful.

3 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Still all in!

Very excited it's going to PS4!

Looking forward to test branch for Faithful Cartographer!

Loving the new look of the U.I. and being able to eat right from the radial.

Now back to playing TLD!

Cartographer option is a huge plus I'll say that. If there is anything that will make me stick around it will be that, but i'm still really on the fence about it. Still think with others that they should have clarified it was not new content coming today or delivered some.

post-image-03.jpg

The community's reaction to the timer is should we kill it or pet it.

I enjoyed the new trailer.  The new features look decent and should add to the game.  But the news of no moose has got me reaching for the noose.  The new test branch could ease some pain though.

1 minute ago, michael_martin said:

Hmm...not really understanding the need for the countdown clock in this case. I would have preferred a longer countdown to the next sandbox or something. To countdown just to the next countdown seems pretentious, shallow, and pedantic...

Yea, they should have started the countdown later, launch the sandbox without test branch at the end and said before they would have give a release date for story mode.

I mean this was the worst way to do it.

4 minutes ago, michael_martin said:

Hmm...not really understanding the need for the countdown clock in this case. I would have preferred a longer countdown to the next sandbox or something. To countdown just to the next countdown seems pretentious, shallow, and pedantic...

Yeah. It was essentially a countdown for another roadmap and news update... arbitrarily choosing today as the end of a 3 week countdown just to tell us what to expect in the coming months. *sigh* I honestly don't know who thought this was necessary, because a simple news update should precede the suspense and countdown timer. Still love the game, but I'm sad I'm not able to test out new gameplay and features after a meaningless and mysterious countdown.

Archived