Degradation of stuff inside the containers

Canadian

Many things has been mentioned by the community already, so I think most the things I would like to see in the game are already in progress ;) and I guess that also the Hinterland Studios have a bunch of ideas to be implemented in the game.

The only thing I would like to mention is that it might be more realistic if things like tools, knifes or the rifle would not degrade while you keep them in a container.

Of course it is logical that things degrade while you are using them but why should your knife degrade while you keep it in a locker for one day?

At least you should slow down the degradation of things while they are keeped in a container or locker.

All that is mentionded here only refers to the tools and weapons, food should degrade while it is keeped inside house.

Guest Alan Lawrance

Tools like the knife, rifle, etc. should only degrade on use. If that isn't the case, it's something we need to investigate.

Containers will slow decay on items like food and clothing, compared to those items just sitting loose on the ground.

Tools like the knife, rifle, etc. should only degrade on use. If that isn't the case, it's something we need to investigate.

Containers will slow decay on items like food and clothing, compared to those items just sitting loose on the ground.

Dear Alan! Thanks for your feedback! Love the game so much!

My knife was degraded while it was in a drawer, and my rifle done the same thing while it was laying on the floor. I'm playing with the current version (v127), but my "life" started few updates before. However, I noticed the difference about food degradation on the floor vs. Carl. :lol:

Really food, especially meat, should have minimal decay (if any) when store in cold locations. Probably the best storage for meat would be in one of the "plastic containers" placed in a ice-fishing hut (minimal air exhange, out of the sun). That would be a near perfect deep-freeze, and should keep frozen meat good for months.

Really food, especially meat, should have minimal decay (if any) when store in cold locations. Probably the best storage for meat would be in one of the "plastic containers" placed in a ice-fishing hut (minimal air exhange, out of the sun). That would be a near perfect deep-freeze, and should keep frozen meat good for months.

Good idea!

ya my wooden matches are down to 4% and i have like 70! got some cardobard left at 32% maybe i should store then on a corpse as well thats where i store my meat, right now there just in a drawer. and luckily i do have a fire strike left...hope they last me or im screwed...

Archived