Time to post news on how work progresses

Capi

On 5/13/2017 at 7:42 AM, togg said:

The Hinterland logo changed, daaaamn. I liked the old detailed one. For once that there was good detail they swapped it with minimalism and in game we are getting the opposite lol

Although it's more of a modern look, I feel like the entire Story Mode implementation will mean this game will transition from very gamey artsy graphics, to a way more newer, fresher and refined set of graphics.

Kind of like the entrance of the Carter Hydro Dam is supposed to be re-done in the upcoming patch, or when the ice is supposed to be re-done across all maps as well

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5-5-2017 at 3:28 PM, Deathdealers747 said:

I don't find 3-years of save files being wiped to be a "little-nothing issue". Not to mention the fact that we were, in fact, promised Updates POST 1.0 Official Release, but now, with the new FAQ, that has been changed. I'm completely against the idea of Sandbox/Survivor-Mode no longer being updated and all of the save files being wiped.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that we had to wait for a countdown just to tell us the bad news. That's very disappointing that I anxiously waited to see what good things would come... only to follow up with bad, bad, and... well... more bad. Sure, Story Mode is nice, but I'm a Hardcore Survivor/Sandbox Mode fan.

On 6-5-2017 at 10:10 PM, thekillergreece said:

"and we’d also like to continue updating the “Sandbox Mode” (renamed Survivor Mode). Although we’re proud of what we’ve created so far, there are still lots of things we’d like to add and improve! We also know that regular updates help keep our community engaged with the game, which is important to us."

"will continue to update with all the new content coming in WINTERMUTE and future updates to Survivor Mode."

"We believe that five story episodes and continued updates to the sandbox will help ensure you continue to feel good about your purchase."

If you can't still read those clearly stated quotes, I think you got a problem.

Exactly Thekillergreece.
I'd like to add that Sandbox mode wasn't even intended to be included in the 1.0 release. So the so called fact isn't even true. Sandbox mode was literally a way to test new functions for the full game. It became so popular that they decided to keep it.
So I'm happy to see it will be included and updated. :D

Archived