Incorrect / Missing Skill Description

Sharky

The description for Level 2 Carcass Harvesting currently reads "{Duration-Bonus} reduction in meat harvesting times." What does that mean? Shouldn't it be saying " (number) % reduction in meat harvesting times?" I don't have a picture yet of this. I will upload it as soon as possible.

Yes, it should say "(number)% reduction in meat harvesting times?"

6 hours ago, Sharky said:

What does that mean?

In programming you use format functions: result = format(input, key, value)
This only tells the underlying programming interface to replace "key" inside your "input" string by some other "value".

The game executes such a function, takes the return value and displays it on your screen.

So what probably happened was something like this: result = format("{Duration-Bonus} text", "{different-key}", "20%")
Well, "{different-key}" isn't inside your input string, so the format function won't replace anything and simply returns "{Duration-Bonus} text".

Hope that makes any sense to you?

7 hours ago, tentacles said:

Yes, it should say "(number)% reduction in meat harvesting times?"

In programming you use format functions: result = format(input, key, value)
This only tells the underlying programming interface to replace "key" inside your "input" string by some other "value".

The game executes such a function, takes the return value and displays it on your screen.

So what probably happened was something like this: result = format("{Duration-Bonus} text", "{different-key}", "20%")
Well, "{different-key}" isn't inside your input string, so the format function won't replace anything and simply returns "{Duration-Bonus} text".

Hope that makes any sense to you?

Yep, that makes sense. So, is this incorrect text appearing for everyone, or just a few people? Because I was looking at the Wikia page on skills, and it also says {Duration-Bonus}.

Everyone who uses the same language (probably English?) and opens the skills page at the right time (level 2 carcass harvesting) should be able to see it. But it doesn't take long to go from level 1 to level 3 and above, so not everyone (including myself) will notice it. And then not everyone who sees it will report it (like the one who uploaded that image to the wiki).

I guess it would still help if you could post a screenshot of how you see it.

Archived