20 Day Respawn Predictability

random calliope

This is on stalker.  I have been logging bear kills and have seen the 20 day respawn time.  It never varies.  Excursions are planned by what day and where a bear will respawn.  Once I figured this out I've never been surprised, move about safely in their territory, and am never hungry because one bear feast lasts about 20 days.  All other food sources are just supplementary. 

I suggest a random number of days between, say, 15 and 45 days.  I go with 45 because the meat from one doesn't last that long and alternate foods will need to be considered.

Wolves seem about the same (20 days), although it's harder to tell when I can't tell them apart.  I killed six around the Quonset gas station and only saw one other during the 20 days after.  On day 20 four arrived.  I suggest a random span of respawn time for them also.

Sounds like some kind of RNG would be helpful here.  Of course, if you get some really bad RNG's back to back, you might have an insurmountable pack of wolves on your doorstep. :D

Great find thought, thanks!

29 minutes ago, L² said:

Of course, if you get some really bad RNG's back to back, you might have an insurmountable pack of wolves on your doorstep. :D

Part of me says "no no!" but the part that makes me torture myself with this game says "bring it on!".  With enough birch saplings I'd at least have a chance.  

Similarly, Interloper is so full of stress I shy away from it but am masochistically drawn to it too.

This game is one big philosophical dilemma.  I don't know what I want...

Archived