How to *not* spend any resources on a bow

tentacles

- Get a cured maple seed and two cured guts.
- Start the crafting process by setting 0.5 h as crafting time.
- After that you will have a "Survival Bow" that is marked as "In Progress" (bow pattern) inside your inventory.
- Notice that you still have the resources you needed to start the crafting process.
- Notice that the "Equip" button is hidden when you have the bow pattern selected.
- Drop that bow pattern to the ground and pick it up again.
- Notice that the bow pattern is automatically equipped.
- Go outside and use it to shoot an arrow.
- This will work just fine.

--

This method does not work with craft-able clothes, because they won't get auto-equipped when picked up from the ground.

screen_(1130, -130, 975)_18525c24-e2e0-4297-bee6-6fca42d06e04.jpg

2 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Thanks for this unusual report on the survival bow. It will be forwarded to our tech team for investigation. 

You are welcome.

So what is the default/preferred method for bug reports?
Post here on the forums and, in cases like these, also in the bug tracker?

not sure what the preferred is. If I am sure it is a bug then I post on the tracker. If I "think" it is, I post here. If I am thinking someone else should confirm my suspicion I post here. When posting here usually a moderator or a HL team member will advice to post to tracker when it is confirmed it is a bug. Sometimes I don't have enough info and I post here so that others can chime in with more detail before we report.

On 3/1/2017 at 10:24 AM, tentacles said:

You are welcome.

So what is the default/preferred method for bug reports?
Post here on the forums and, in cases like these, also in the bug tracker?

Yes, posting in our bug tracker is the fastest way to get issues into our tech pipeline -- https://hinterlandgames.atlassian.net/projects/TLDP/issues/TLDP-995?filter=allopenissues

Our tech forums are here for you as well, if it is easier to present the problem or issue in this space for some reason. Or if you feel like it may be of use to other members to know about. 

Thanks. :)

Archived