caves/wolf den

gwishades

i love to see some caves in the mountain sides, whether its an instance or its included in the open world. perhaps a cave that a survivor made into a shelter, or even makeshift shelters around the landscape. maybe even a wolves den, might be some nice lil nuggets in there....but risking your life at the chance of retrieving them. even seeing packs of wolves roaming around would be very awesome and scary too. i could also see a wolves den refreshing after a period of time and having new loot and bodies that were dragged back.

I like this idea. I went wandering the map last night and made it to the other side of the dam (not sure I was supposed to) by climbing up the hills and rocks. Some of those areas would have been cool to house a few caves, or even just some indents in the rocks that could have been used for shelter.

I know that wandering around the edges of the map you tend to hear a lot of wolf calls that seem to originate from outside the play area. I've evn scaled some the rocks to go and see if there was actually wolves there or just atmospheric noise... No wolves. :(

I like the idea of a wolf's den: If you are running low on meat and need something to butcher, it would be a tempting place to go, but of course you run the risk of becoming kibble yourself.

We do have at least one cave in the game right now, Alan's cave (which is a spawn point), but I've only ever found a few lumps of firewood in there and nothing more. I suppose most caves in real life aren't exactly happening places, either, so I can't complain too loudly.

I like the cave idea. And to go even a bit futher with that tought. A cave with wolf pups. Do they become your food or will you help them and it/they become your hunting partner or an emergency meatbank for later use

• 2 months later...

Archived