Bug report: Boot is null (Lost game saves)

trilm

First off, thank you for making this great game and bringing it to the Xbox. It's all I've wanted to play since I got this it for full price (worth it) in January. Although now I'm too terrified to invest time in another sandbox play until a fix is confirmed. Please fix this soon so I don't feel like a chump of betting on an alpha.

Bug: When trying to load my game save from the sandbox load page, I hear the *plunk* error sound and see an error in red at the bottom of the screen that reads along the lines of "SAVEGAME_XXX ERROR: BOOT IS NULL".

This has happened to me twice, on both my long-running Voyageur games (games long enough to need more than one sit down so about 3+ days). On a ~50-day and a 33-day save. In both I had started in Mystery Lake and migrated to Pleasant Valley. Last location was, respectively, at the farmstead and the cave in the northwest that needs loading, next to the waterfall. In both instances, it was my only save and it was gone after I quit and reloaded the game.

Version: Whatever version I would've gotten on 1/22/17.

There are so many details, so I'll try to provide whatever information I can clearly recall upon request.

My handle is my gamertag.

Archived