A few things..

Toronagga Darklake

I'll try to keep it short and sweet (for a change). :roll:

1. The ability to add wood to the fire while you are cooking/boiling/melting. There's nothing worse than realising you didn't have enough time left, plus adding wood to fire while you cook is what all Scouts do at camp. *important*

2. Please reduce how easy it is to get food poisoning. I am so tired of having to take antibiotics every couple of days, even when I only eat meat with 75%+ condition. Surely after suffering from it once you should be immune for at least 5 game days? *important*

3. The chance to find and use (like the lantern or whatever) a compass. *nice to have *

4. Ability to place twig markers on the floor in the form of arrows (harvested of course), to aid with wandering about in the fog and snow. *nice to have*

Edit:

5. The ability to boil water AND cook meat on the stove (which has two hot plates on the top), where as the small kettle boiler or a standard fire could only do one or the other at a time. *nice to have*

+1 to most of these things -- the compass, as others have mentioned, probably wouldn't work given a geomagnetic surge, if we're being realistic.

The idea of having self-made trail markers is excellent. Perhaps you could take some cloth, harvest it to strips, and use those to tie around branches on trees. So if you work out a nice route through the woods (where, in my experience, I am less likely to be wolf'd), you can mark it and always use it. Or, if you are on a bunker hunt, and want to be sure you haven't already looked in that spot, it could be useful there, too.

In order to do what you say in regards to the cooking, cooking on the stove could probably be overhauled. The lock-in seems tied to the fast-forward mechanic (you wouldn't really be able to fast forward if you weren't locked in). I don't think there's too much of a problem in removing the fast-forward, so long as you can put more than one thing at once. Maybe the stove top activates like a container that has a set weight limit (like drawers/cupboards do). Then things sitting on the stove start to heat up and once they get to a certain point they are considered cooked. This opens up cooking for some interesting mechanics, like burning your food if you're not paying attention, or warming up a meal in order to give you a bonus against cold.

The stove bottom could visually open up like it is now, and also have a container-like panel to it. Maybe it also has a maximum capacity as well.

This is just spitballing, mind you. I don't know how the back-end works and how difficult it would be to give foods a temperature value. Then again, maybe it'd be worth doing since there may be additional benefits like handling food spoilage (colder items degrade slower)

• 10 months later...

I like all these points - +1

The spray paint idea is great, it doesn't have to be complicated to put in or to use for the player - simple to add the model, allow it equippable, use it on tree or building or rock = spray sound, red X appears - done!

Archived