Loaded into the Title Screen Map: a.k.a "Twilight Zone" Bug (Game Breaking)

JomoKiN

So, first post on here is a game breaking bug report? Well looks like I'm off to a great start...

But I digress, as the title suggests this bug, however it happens, it a really serious one. Basically, I decided to load up my game and I ended up falling through the universe. Prior to this, I saved inside the Trapper's Homestead before safely closing the game out. And when I loaded it up the next day... things took a turn as you see. 

From what I can tell, instead of having my character load back into the Homestead interior, I'm instead loaded into what I can only assume to be the Title-Screen's world-space. After some exploring and wolf encounters, I found what would be the door to get inside the Homestead (I'm honestly surprised the door actually works) to get back inside the homestead...Thankfully you can get back into the normal game...

but...

... your character and world are completely reset (except for that sandbox's stats)...yeah... 

I'm not sure how to go about recreating this. I made multiple new games and saved and quite whilst inside but could not recreate it...

RIP Survivor #4, you and your four god**** rifles and 30 bullets will be missed.

TLDR:

Loaded game while in Trapper's Homestead, fell through Universe, ended up in Limbo in the map for the title screen, exiting reset world/character, the end.

Let's just chalk it up to this "new" survivor having dreamt of a global disaster only to wake up to one actually occurring... that makes it a bit better.

Videos documenting the exploration of the Twilight Zone that is Northern Canada (no commentary):

Part 1: 

Part 2: 

Part 3: 

Part 4: 

TLD Saves.rar

This appears to be from a corrupted save file or bad temp data. Could I get you to go to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local then backup and delete the Hinterland folder? Then attach the saves to the thread so I can take a look at them and determine what went bad.

6 minutes ago, Support said:

This appears to be from a corrupted save file or bad temp data. Could I get you to go to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local then backup and delete the Hinterland folder? Then attach the saves to the thread so I can take a look at them and determine what went bad.

The saves have been attached. Thank you for looking into this! :D

Archived