The Official Long Dark Memes Thread!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, art isn't my thing, but I came up with a funny idea from a comic strip applicable to playing Interloper.

Slide One: Frozen Will is crawling through snow on his dying breath and comes across another less lucky adventurer who has a lamp beside him. 🥶

Slide Two: Will rubs the lamp and an all powerful Genie comes out. 🎇

Slide Three: In exchange for freedom, Genie offers Will a mountain of gold and diamonds.

Will is completely unimpressed. 🤨

Slide Four: Genie offers his master a harem of the most beautiful women.

Will can't care less. 🙄

Slide Five: Will tells the Genie his true heart's desire. A box of matches. 🤩

Genie almost drops back into his lamp from shock O_O 😵

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/9/2019 at 4:14 PM, Wintermute_TLD said:

Man, I miss that wolf. She was annoying, yeah, but the Dam's kinda idk boring now

I may have started playing the long dark when ash canyon was added but I have heard stories about fluffy. Aperently she is in bleek inlet where the ammo bench is. I have some stories of my own when encountering fluffy. She does make a good fluffy wood skin coat tho.

11 hours ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

Was there a wolf in Carter hydro dam and where

Prior to the initial release of episode 1 and 2, Carter Dam wasn't decorated with as many interior objects, and the whole upstairs floor with the office didn't even exist. There were crates and cardboard boxes in the room just past the lobby, but the turbine room (with the fire barrel) was mostly empty space. That turbine room is where Fluffy used to prowl.

Which if you see how much junk is scattered all over the place in today's version, makes complete sense why Fluffy was removed. The AI pathfinding doesn't handle tight constraints well.

4 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Prior to the initial release of episode 1 and 2, Carter Dam wasn't decorated with as many interior objects, and the whole upstairs floor with the office didn't even exist. There were crates and cardboard boxes in the room just past the lobby, but the turbine room (with the fire barrel) was mostly empty space. That turbine room is where Fluffy used to prowl.

Which if you see how much junk is scattered all over the place in today's version, makes complete sense why Fluffy was removed. The AI pathfinding doesn't handle tight constraints well.

Is that guy outside of the lower dam, with all those bandages, one of her victims perhaps? I've always found the dam creepy though I'm glad I didn't play when she was there, I bet Fluffy gave inexperienced players a heart attack! 

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2022 at 1:09 PM, Catlover said:

Is that guy outside of the lower dam, with all those bandages, one of her victims perhaps? I've always found the dam creepy though I'm glad I didn't play when she was there, I bet Fluffy gave inexperienced players a heart attack! 

Seems like that was a prelude to Molly, on account of the broken arrows lodged into the hatch as if someone had missed.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

Can someone do some memes I need some laughs these days I'm not really in the perfect spot right now so laughter will make it a lot better

Sorry you're not so good right now.  If you need to chat give me a shout. 

Failing that have you checked out some of the videos on here? They can be very funny.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...