Small Bug and Other Issues v.388

SirPottsalot

This is my first time on the Hinderland form but I have to first give props on the game. I have been playing the game since late 2014, and I love the updates and progress you guys have made. I love this game and the idea of a survival sim and have recommended it to many of my friends.
That being said I thought I would get a little more involved by reporting a few things I have noticed in the game. I have one bug, one issue/suggestion, and one suggestion/comment. Both are from the most recent update v.388:

1. Bug: Whilst hunting some wolves with the rifle around the Pleasant Valley Farmstead, I shot one wolf and proceeded to skin/gut it but I didn't account for the other wolf across the field sneaking up and attacking me. Needless to say I panicked and attempted to shoot the second wolf before it could pounce on me but failed (like a noob) to connect the shot. So then I successfully shook off the wolf suffering a sprained ankle/wrist and some bleeding. Due to the sprained wrist I couldn't reequip my rifle so I ran to the farmhouse to sleep off the sprains and recover. Hours later when I could reequip my rifle to go out and finish gutting the first wolf, I noticed the wispy smoke animation for the end of the rifle as if I had just barely fired a bullet. All be it a small bug but I figured I would let you guys know.

2. Suggestion/Issue: Same play though as the above I noticed that you couldn't breakdown furniture during the night, which I liked for the realism. However, I noticed that light was required to rip up the curtains in the house. I would have understood if I was using a knife or ax to slice up the curtains since you don't want to cut open your hands but I opted for my hands as I want to preserve my tools. To me there is a logical disconnect here when I can rip up my clothing all night long but not curtains that I'm choosing to rip up with my hands. Personally I feel that you should be able to rip up curtains at night if you choose to use your hands. What are your thoughts or the logic behind not being able to rip up curtains at night?

3. Suggestion/comment: At the start of this first play through on stalker I spawned in Mystery Lake by the Dam and was excited to pillage the dam for supplies right off the bat. Even though there was a risk of encountering fluffy. Anyway got through raiding the place and was about to head out when guess who showed up.. fluffy. Managed to win my fight with her thanks to the knife I had found and thought to cook up all her meat and taste the spoils of my close call. Ate up three juicy wolf steaks to find that a new featured had been added intestinal parasites. I thought that's interesting since it showed up on my first aid thing. I had a 8% chance and thought I would be fine. Famous last words contracted the debilitating parasites and quickly ran out of antibiotics. But luckily was able to find enough mushrooms to get all of my daily doses. I know that you guys have been receiving a lot of criticism on this mechanic and I was initially with them on how ridiculous this illness was with its finite amount of resources to cure it. Contracting it several times would be the end of any survivor due to limited supplies. However, when looking through the wiki at the skill system and specifically on the cooking skill line I found that at level 5 you no longer have to worry about that. Maybe this was a response to those criticisms since the threads I was looking through were from around April 2016 but either way I'm now 100% okay with the parasite system now that there is a way to avoid them if you manage to survive long enough to be a great cook. So I guess my suggestion is that when/if people still complain about it to you, you can immediately point to this as the solution. 

Anyway that's all I have for now. Thanks for the great game and I look forward to your successive updates!

Archived