snow shelter in FM

AZHockeyNut

got into a snow shelter in FM (near a spawn point) ( so I don't give away the location as a spoiler.)

anyhow, right after entry I can see out, and see the campfire and use it but I cannot exit. the option never comes up and the view is different than the standard snow shelter view.

I needed to sleep, have it save, then go back to the game and the view changed, I could exit the snow shelter.

easily repeatable as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This also seems to happen when you enter the snow shelter while holding an ignited light source (you know, for extra warmth). So far, I've tried entering a snow shelter with a lit flare, a brand and a storm lantern. All 3 times it bugged out and spawned me on top of the structure, leaving me unable to move or exit the snow shelter. 

18 minutes ago, stapeliad said:

.....there are pre-made snow shelters in FM?  I thought I had been through that entire map- twice- and I had no idea.

there are a couple of possible spawn points for a snow shelter.  The first time I found one was convient, I was dying of hypothermia and didn't have enough cloth to make my own. 

• 1 month later...

I've been experiencing this quite often as well with shelters I've built, not just in FM though. When you "use" the shelter, it is not there, but you can not get out. There are no action box areas, so no way of exiting the invisible shelter. I've been exiting the game, and restarting from my last save point, because I don't want to risk saving while in there, and it not being resolved when I load up that life again. One thing I've noticed that may help diagnose the cause ... it doesn't happen so often if you crouch, and bring up the action menu while looking directly at the shelter opening.

Adding to this - happens on Xbox as well (where snow shelters are usually surrounded by bright purple boxes, but that's a different issue).

Snow shelters are pretty glitchy currently - I have had to reload games many times after getting stuck in snow shelters unable to click on the 'exit snow shelter' prompt. I've found the sweet spot to click on when you enter, and crouching helps, but if you click on the wrong spot on the shelter to enter it, you can get stuck in a 'between-worlds' space where you can't exit and have to reload a save. Which can really suck in FM where there are no regular save points...

Archived