Vanishing deer

the_watdabney

I have never seen this happen before and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this:

I was walking back to the ML camp office from the stream and there was a deer.  I crouched down and moved towards it, and as I was about to take aim (fairly close range) the deer vanished into thin air.  I thought of taking a screenshot, but then I realized how daft that would be to show a screenshot of a vanished deer.  I have never witnessed this before and was wondering if this is something that has been reported in the past. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have noticed a lot of weird bugs like this lately.  I have had the camp office building vanish and a wolf attack me through a closed door just since the latest update.  Anyone else have weird experiences lately?

24 minutes ago, HazardousHowitzer said:

I haven't.. You said the camp office vanished? There may be something wrong with your game a little deeper than you think. Those are some pretty big issues. I have had a wolf attack me throw some weird objects though, it has pounced on me through the ice fishing hut walls but that was a while ago.

yea, see this thread..  it looked weird

I have again verified my game files and again all is well, so I don't know what else there is for me to check.

4 hours ago, mystifeid said:

Same thread title even!

Thank you mystifeid for your confirmation that this is an ongoing thing.  I don't like this and hope the admins take notice and fix it before final release.  It was a bit upsetting to be seconds away from bagging a nice dinner and then it suddenly vanishes.  My deer was in that area around where the stream meets the lake, around that large rock formation, so it is a normal place for the deer and not outside of it's range, as it were.

As for the same thread title...  Great Minds Think Alike

Same issue occurred to me twice tonight, both times in Pleasant Valley.  Have been playing off and on for several years and have never had this happen before.

The first time I was crouching and creeping up on a deer near the farmhouse, raised the rifle to fire, and the deer vanished.  There were two deer in the orchard, and both disappeared at the same time.

The next occurrence was with a wolf outside the barn @ the Outbuildings.  I had a wolf attack me as I was running for the side door to the barn, fought him off, then he ran to the left edge of the hay wagon, around back of it, and up the snowbank, and vanished into thin air half way up the snowbank.

Both have been totally random occurrences so far.

I will mention that after the deer disappeared from the orchard, they did not return for quite a few days (4-5 games days).

Archived