Bear attacks in rail truck seem broken

Pillock

A foggy afternoon gave me a temperature just high enough to sleep a few hours in the crashed train on the new marshes map without freezing. Or so I thought.

Was woken during my sleep by a bear roar, and when my vision returned I was faced with this view (below).

The bear is running on the spot inside the rail truck with his head sticking out the side. My character is uninjured. (Oh, and it's too cold for me to sleep now.)

screen_(1112, -128, 976)_b9f9d41e-ec01-4fc0-8f24-a5d3a9f8a57b.png

screen_(1118, -129, 989)_a07acde5-3f2f-4d39-a2d8-91f5e1f61774.png

-------------------------

EDIT: In a subsequent game (I can't seem to make it beyond about 2 days yet!) I was trying to recover from hypothermia in the rail truck, having fallen through the ice, and the bear tried to attack again while I was sleeping: about 3 or 4 times consecutively I would be woken up by the sound of the bear running away; I wasn't ever attacked. After a few repetitions of this I got annoyed and went outside to see where the bear was: despite the sound effect of him fleeing, he was actually just walking slowly away from the train wreck about 10 yards from me. So I shot him. This caused him to run away properly, trailing a lot of blood. "That's fixed it!" thought I. But again I was wrong. The next time I tried to sleep, I was woken by a proper bear attack - it seems he didn't run off and die, but came back for revenge. I didn't survive that night.

There is something broken about the way the bear interacts with the rail truck. The whole sequence felt very glitchy and it got quite annoying.

Archived