looting

hunglasx

hi everyone,

I just want to ask something about looting.

you know, map is big enough but I am always travelling and sometimes I can't go anywhere because of cold or something like that and in this case, I can't loot and usually I am dying. we can only find drinks without looting (like melting snow) but we can't find food without looting. you need a rifle to kill deers and take their meats but if you don't have, you can't survive. I just want to know that, the place I loot is refreshing itself? like when I loot a home and took everything in it and after two days or maybe more, can I find new items in it? if it's not refreshing itself, how can we survive? maybe you can find rifle and ammo but it will end. maybe you can find another ammo but also it'll end too. after looting all places in The Long Dark, how can we survive more?

edit:

and also want to know why we can't cut trees when we've hatchet? it's not just about food, it's also about fuel. if we loot everything on map, how can we find more?

edit 2: sorry, I forgot "forage wood" option. but I am still confused about food.

I can't speak english very well, sorry for that. hope you guys got what I want to mean

Once you have cleared a place from supplies, it will stay empty. The items will not respawn. Thus, you cannot survive indefinitely. In the Sandbox mode, you will die, it is just a question of how long you can survive. Rifle and ammo help you to survive longer and so does a hunting knife as it allows you to harvest meat from frozen carcasses.

Once you have cleared a place from supplies, it will stay empty. The items will not respawn. Thus, you cannot survive indefinitely. In the Sandbox mode, you will die, it is just a question of how long you can survive. Rifle and ammo help you to survive longer and so does a hunting knife as it allows you to harvest meat from frozen carcasses.

actually, I was expecting an answer about crafting maybe :) are there any chance to upgrade conditions of hunting knife or hatchet?

actually, I was expecting an answer about crafting maybe :) are there any chance to upgrade conditions of hunting knife or hatchet?

Sure, repair them.

what need for repairing a hatchet or knife? whatever need, it'll end too ^^ so, I got it now. we'll die anyway as TarjaS said. :(

but I can't get it, how can people survive like 153 day? (I saw it on leaderboard on Steam) how is that possible?!

Archived