Female Paperdoll?

Vortex

I'm male myself but I'm a big fan of Jennifer Hale which is why I pick a female survivor.

I'm a bit surprised this was overlooked. The same paperdoll appears no matter which gender your survivor is.
I assume this is on the "to do" list - it's fairly immersion breaking?

8 minutes ago, Vortex said:

I'm male myself but I'm a big fan of Jennifer Hale which is why I pick a female survivor.

I'm a bit surprised this was overlooked. The same paperdoll appears no matter which gender your survivor is.
I assume this is on the "to do" list - it's fairly immersion breaking?

Hi Vortex -- which Paper Doll are you seeing? You pick female and then see the the male survivor (with beard)?

Well I'll be - it is the female one after all. That's embarrassing.
The default appearance didn't strike me as female whatsoever when I first saw it. Could be all the thick clothing.

I had to remove layers of clothing to actually see a female body shape to check after you replied, Patrick.

On the fence about this one now. :)

This paper doll is perfect, I also play as a lady, first moments I thought it wasn't the right paper doll but then I got it. Anyway women don't have to be "feminine". I'm sure the devs has put thought into this and it will not change.

1 hour ago, Strensh said:

Nothing wrong if thats the kind of women you like, but that's the male body.

Not at all, the world is big.

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

I dunno - I just can't see it... does this look like a female character to anyone?

1.JPG

After the first moment, yes, a little bit. The point is that it doesn't have to be striking, the extreme visual differentiations are social construct. It's realistic that if you're surviving in this situation you're face is dirty, you don't have makeup, your nose big and red, your hair cutted and your clothes covering a strong body, your face expressions more angry and tired.

17 hours ago, Ohbal said:

It could be a girl, but she would probably be a Crossfiter. Hard to see a lower body like that anywhere else :)

Definitely her paperdoll could use some love ;) 

Her proportions are realistic, given that she's able to carry/sprint with/climb with up to 40kg of equipment. And draw a bow with enough force to kill a deer/wolf/bear. And field dress frozen carcasses. And hand-forge hatchets and knives. She's powerfully built because she has to be, just like the male paper doll. 

11 hours ago, Patrick Carlson said:

I was originally checking to make sure there wasn't a bug involved in what @Vortex was seeing. Aesthetic feedback is fine -- the character realizations are part of the art style as well -- but please keep your comments tasteful. Thank you!

I thought I did keep my comment tasteful? :) I like to think this is a general statement to the thread responses.

Archived