Graphic Glitching to the MAX

ElizabethLuv

Hi! I have a few sandboxes in The Long Dark and currently every one of them is experiencing the same problem. Some are old and 2 are brand new ones I loaded after the most recent update (if that helps). The issues include:

-Glitchy trees and rocks (sometimes items that cannot be interacted with like inside buildings)

-Terrain not loading or loading incorrectly

Attached is a short video that showcases the issue I'm having (I got lucky to have every issue at once). Has anyone seen this? If so, what steps can I take to fix it? This is constantly occurring and not just in the place in the video. I have tried all of the areas (except for the new one) and experienced the same problem in all. I appreciate any and all help offered as this issue makes the game extremely difficult, if not impossible at times, to play. Thank you for your time ;) TheLongDark 12_19_2016 7_56_16 PM.mp4

Have the same problem.

My observations about the this bug:

1) It appears randomly. There is no some steps to reproduce it. It can starts after 5 minutes or 30 minutes of playing.

2) It works only outdoor. Indoor everithing is ok. Even if there is "bad trip" outdoor. Here is my video that proof it. 

4) If you got it in the game you will have it in the main menu. 

5) Looks like it not appears if run TLD with directcx 9(You can run it with tld_dx9.bat). I was playing more than 4 hours in this mode and could not catch this bug. (Continue testing).

6) In directx 9 mode I have snow glitching. May be it`s related somehow.

Hope this helps. Sorry for my english. :)

Hey! Thanks so much for the tips on how I can fix this. I got a tip from someone that reinstalling the game would fix the issue but that only made it worse. 

-It usually starts immediately for me and gets worse the more I play

-Happens in all map areas; occasionally inside though

I'll try the Directx 9 mode and see if that works. I'll get back to you soon with results! 

Archived