About french translation

Vinceofpyrenees

I'm playing in the late evening here in France. I love this update.

I'd like to share with devs a suggestion about item name in french translation.

I found "allumette bois" (wood matches) but before the update it was "allumette en bois". I think it was a better translation in french before.

The same suggestion for risk of "gelure" (risk of frosbite). I more often hear "engelure" than "gelure" here.

I'm returning playing. Thanks.

allumette bois.jpg

gelure.jpg

Really ? (I don't want to seem pretentious). My primary goal of this post was to search for a deep personal comprehension of this region, this land and this super cool map.

6 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Thanks for your feedback here -- it helps! 

EDITED : moreover I always thought that your region names and updates names was very researched and inspired. My favourite : Penitent Scholar.

Just now, Vinceofpyrenees said:

Really ? (I don't want to seem pretentious). My primary goal of this post was to search for a deep personal comprehension of this region, this land and this super cool map.

Just in general, we like to keep localization improvements in tech/bugs, as that's how we get them into the pipeline for fixing (if needed). Feel free to post your followup comments on the translation here as well. I hope that makes sense!

5 hours ago, MueckE said:

And i always thought that every canadian speaks english or french on a decent level as the second language depending on where they live?

It's very dependent on where in the country you live. For instance, I effectively know no French (although I could read it at one point) for the simple reason that everyone I know and the language I work in is exclusively English. As a general rule, parts of Quebec and Ontario are majority bilingual, New Brunswick is the only officially bilingual province and everyone else is either French (Quebec) or English. British Columbia for instance has a lot of bilingualism but it's not French/English it would be English/Mandarin or English/Cantonese ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This cloth : "protection légère", is in a good french langage, but this not reflect a name of a cloth.

We could call that "coupe-vent" ("Wind-cutter" litteraly in a false English translation) ou "imperméable" ("raincoat")

Protection légère literally means : "light protection".

I hope my words are understandable.

screen_(3, -148, -1)_b27bd436-2eaa-44b8-a301-ed6d55c663a7.png

Archived